Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (sean_obrien)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-18-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
I'm in the market for a new boat and I just wanted to get everybody's opinion on this boat and its wake. Let me know what you guys think.

Sean O'Brien
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-18-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
LOVED IT! It was my 2nd choice boat (first choice being the sanger v215).

It was tall, solid and just the right combination of steep vs ramp.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-18-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
Its crazy. I don't know anyone that has been disspointed by it. If you have ridden behind the 22SSV, its alot like that but just more beefy and a more defined lip.

My opinion, one of the elite wakeboard boats out there, and base price of only $40,995.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-18-2005, 6:38 PM Reply   
Yeah, I really like the look of the supras to, very solid and sick looking boats
Old     (hyrific)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-21-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   
That boat has more pluses than just the wake. In my opinon the wake shouldn't be too much different than an 22ssv or but one thing to note is how much deeper the seats are. So your more comfterble in the boat AND you have more storage for anything you want under the seats. It has the full wrap around seating as well. I have a 22 ssv and I personaly would rather have full wrap around seating and drop the stadium deal We have never used it and most likely will never use it. all it does is rob us of valuble storage for stuff. If you have the upgraded ballast bags than kiss your rear and front storage goodbye so that leaves you with under seats and behind the passanger. the 21v is A huge improvement in passanger comfort as well as storage space. And the wake kicks ass to boot I think its a no brainer.
Old     (fhu667)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-21-2005, 10:43 AM Reply   
The 21V still offers the stadium seating; the difference is that there is not backrest for the seat.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-21-2005, 10:56 AM Reply   
We always use the stadium seating. It makes it much easier on the neck for the people in the boat. It only is good when you have about 3-4 people riding though because it does take up alot of the room in the cockpit.

The Wake is sweet on the SSV. You can shape it anyway you want ( with ballast and the wakeplate). It is a lippy wake that boosts you , but doesnt have very long transitions. I put about 2K of ballast in mine and the wake is super lippy and BIG.
The boat is rock solid and handles well even with the 2K of weight.
Good luck with whatever boat you buy.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-21-2005, 11:24 AM Reply   
Are you going to report back after a test ride Sean? The 21V is on my shortlist too.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-21-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
It's probably my favorite wake in the Skier's Choice line up. Factory ballast, it's pretty sweet. If you load it up, don't put a bunch of weight in the back, it doesn't need it and may hinder the wake a little bit.

I have pics of just factory ballast, driver and 3 passengers if anyone's interested.
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-21-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
do you even have to ask the question dude wakepics are always wanted
Old     (talleyho)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-27-2005, 7:01 PM Reply   
A buddy of mine has a '05 21V (I ride behind an X2) and his wake is a LOT wider than mine. It was very difficult for me to go w2w in my normal style. Of course, when I landed I took out my ACL, but that's a different story.

He's just recently put the Gravity Games bags in, I can't wait for next season. :-(