Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-10-2004, 7:25 PM Reply   
I think that I have seen the next big thing in wakeboarding. It is a rope rewinder.

The case is made of polished aluminum and attaches to your tower.

You simply pull out the length of rope you want, attach it to your pylon like normal.

When you are finished you let it wind back up into the casing.

No more tangled ropes on the floor of your boat!

They have only made 2 prototypes but should be hitting the market this spring. They gave me thier email address, it's ffaxisdesigns@hotmail.com">offaxisdesigns@hotmail.com
Old     (fallinguphill)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-10-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
Old news. This has already been done buy another company. Forget which one.
Old    blindsiderider            03-10-2004, 8:07 PM Reply   
I like the looks of the re-coil also plus I put it away so nobody steals my rope.
http://www.re-coil.com/index.html
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-10-2004, 8:27 PM Reply   
just another toy that will break, i personally enjoy wrapping my rope, it gives me a sense of purpose
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2004, 1:22 AM Reply   
Hey Kyle, we need you in our boat this summer!!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-11-2004, 6:06 AM Reply   
ahh can you say patent infringement,guess not since almost everything else has been copied over the years but SkiReel has been out for two years now and was the first of its kind.It has been used at a lot of wakeboard events and sponsors many events ..

heres the original

http://www.skireel.com

maybe this newer one will be less money and looks smaller so maybe not a bad idea to have some competition in this market..

i say you have to be awful lazy to need something like this :-)

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-11-2004, 6:19 AM Reply   
That looks a lot nicer than the skireel. I like how someone finally thought of the Titan tower first! If they can be priced affordably, I would love to have one.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       03-11-2004, 9:23 AM Reply   
If this is the next big thing for wakeboarding, then I am seriously concerned...
Old    du540            03-11-2004, 10:00 AM Reply   
How about the "next big thing in wakeboarding" being more style. More smooooooooooth styyyyyyyllllllle.

Please.

Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-11-2004, 10:13 PM Reply   
My grandfather had 2 ski reel type devices built into the transom of his 68 Glasstron. Pushed a button on the dash and the ropes reeled up.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       03-13-2004, 6:55 AM Reply   
won't that keep the rope from drying out? Surely you must remove it for storage.
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-13-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
The difference between that and the skireel seems to be that the skireel can actually be adjusted while riding to any desireable length. This new one looks like it just stores the rope for you, as you have to attach the loop to the tower. (That is, if Greg's description is correct.)
Old    whitechocolate            03-13-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
IMO that Ski Reel need's some cosmetic upgrade. I wouldnt put that on my tower just because its ulgy. The off axis one looks much better. I think they will sell more just because it look better. Di you have any Idea what they would cost$
Old    tclagggym            03-13-2004, 10:17 PM Reply   
Picture this,ropes on a real down in your storage area, goes up thru tower and out the top of tower and to the boarder?