Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-20-2011, 5:56 PM Reply   
Hi,

I'm currently shopping for boats. I've sold my 08 Supreme V220 and looking for an older boat on a lower budget.

I'm looking for something between 15K$ and 20K$, trailer included.
This boat will be mostly used for wakeboarding and some wakesurfing.
I want a tower and open bow
Preferably under 500hrs.
I try to do all my maintenance myself (change impeller , filters, oil etc...)

With all that being said, i'm not sure if I need direct drive or V-drive.

Right now i'm looking at a 99 mastercraft prostar 205 (the cheapest)
Also a 01 Tige 2100V (needs a bit more money to get this one)
00 Malibu escape LSV (I'm stretching it a bit there...)

If the prostar fits the bill, I might take this one, but would like your opinions.

Also, if you have any other suggestions, go for it!

Thanks
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-20-2011, 6:09 PM Reply   
There are a few cheap malibu sportsters, responses and sunsetters in the area, but from what i can read on this forum, the wake is not there for what i want to do.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       10-20-2011, 6:35 PM Reply   
When I was looking at my boat I wanted an open bow on a budget which put me pretty much into a MC 205, Sport Nautique, or Supra. I ended up with a Supra. In my somewhat biased opinion, I think you should buy my boat. I don't want to sell but for the right price I would. It does everything I need or want but I'm in a weird position so it's for sale. I don't need to sell though. Only thing it needs is a rudder, as the rudder housing is somewhat worn. Doesn't affect operation but the bilge cycles every few hours from a slow rudder leak. It's on my to-do list sometime in November after I'm done for the season. $400 part and a couple hours work. Hours are somewhere between 575-600, about 150 by me and oil changed every 50 hours. Everything was gone through in 2007 by previous owner.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/2660670844.html
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-20-2011, 6:41 PM Reply   
Where are you located? If you are on the west coast I would try and find a SAnger V210. No matter where you are I would also look for Nautique Supersports/SAN's, mastercraft Xstars/205v's and MAlibu VLX's.

I am not sure but I think that 2000 Sunscape LSV probably has the wake hull. That would be a great pickup for around 20k. Don't rule out Sunsetters at all. The The mid to late 90's sunsetter LX and VLX are the same hull as the 2000-2004 wakesetter VLX's and 2005-2008 Vrides. Just make sure if it is a direct drive Sunsetter that it is an LX(wake hull) and not the LXi(diamond/ski hull). I think I would rather have a mid to late 90's Sunsetter LX then a 205 direct drive. The sunsetter is a bigger boat. Some also had a wedge which is nice so you don't have to have as much weight in them. The 205 is horribly small inside. The rear locker is useless because the fuel tank takes up 75% of it and the back seat is basically right up against the dog house.

Not sure how far you are willing to go but here is a ridiculous price on a 2000 SAN
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/2659939639.html

I forgot about Supra's. Definately look for 90's Sunsports or late 90's to early 2000's Launch direct drives. You should also be able to find Air Nautiques for the 15-20 range that are nice.

Last edited by polarbill; 10-20-2011 at 6:43 PM.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-20-2011, 6:50 PM Reply   
You can get a Super Sport or Super Air Nautique in that range. This could be an easy fix for a sweet boat:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/boa/2660499067.html
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-20-2011, 6:51 PM Reply   
Brett beat me to it!!!
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-20-2011, 7:19 PM Reply   
Sorry, I forgot to mention, I'm looking for boats in the New England Area, maybe Eastern Canada.

And I'd rather have a 98' or newer.

I would be all over that SAN if it was in my area!! And thank Bretts for the details on Malibu's, it really helps a lot!!
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-20-2011, 8:27 PM Reply   
I've had a 99 x star for the past 6 years and I REALLY like it. It's incredibly versatile. With no ballast beginning wakeboarders have a non-intimidating wake, slalom skiers can do their thing (except in the course), and barefooters can go until their feet fall off. With ballast (we usually run about 2500 pounds or so), the wake is just classic. I don't have any wakesurfers in my crew, so I can't comment on its wakesurfing characteristics. My boat has the LTR motor, which is rated at 330 hp and, in my experience, has been very reliable. I believe that Mastercraft had 2 other motor options that year (one with 310 hp and one with 340 hp), but I don't have any experience with them. I'd ask the seller if he or she has had to replace the fuel pump, and if so when. They typically die every 500 hours or so, and are pricey. I think my last one was 800 bucks or something like that. Good luck!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-21-2011, 7:24 AM Reply   
all 23' malibus through 2003 are on the same (diamond) hull.
Old     (geterdone)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-21-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...r-Nautique-210
Done
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-21-2011, 8:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
all 23' malibus through 2003 are on the same (diamond) hull.
Looks like Shawn is correct. I don't think I would necessarily eliminate a boat because it has the diamond hull. It might take more weight to get a great wake but it should be able to do it. I think I found the one you are talking about. Is it the red one with wakesetter graphics on the side? If so that boat looks nice. It has a ton of room in it. If you get it just know that you will want to add perfect pass(1000-1500) and you probably will want to do some sort of custom ballast although you can jsut gets sacks for know. If it has hard tanks in the rear I would ditch them and put large sacks in place. I would think if you had something like 500's or bigger in the rear compartments, a bag plumbed in the locker(400-500 I think) and then did a bow integrated sack, triangle bow sack, 750 down the walkthrough or lead for the bow you would be set. You would have roughly 1000# for the front and 1000# for the rear plus the wedge.

I looked at craigslist and you have a serioius shortage of boats up the NE states.

Not sure if you can go to New york for a boat but here is one. Very good chance it is a scam because it should be double the cost.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/boa/2649646357.html

This would make an awesome boat and looks to be in PA. Jsut have to add a tower(2000), PP(1500) and ballast(1000-2000) and you have a SAN210.
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/boa/2621034808.html
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-21-2011, 8:25 AM Reply   
A couple in your general area.
http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=30758
http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=30780
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-21-2011, 8:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
Both of those would be great. That 22v is a crazy good deal if it is in good shape.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-21-2011, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by geterdone View Post
Cory, although that is a nice boat and I wish I was in the market but the OP said he is in the NE and that boat is 5k more then he wants to spend.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-21-2011, 8:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Looks like Shawn is correct. I don't think I would necessarily eliminate a boat because it has the diamond hull. It might take more weight to get a great wake but it should be able to do it. I think I found the one you are talking about. Is it the red one with wakesetter graphics on the side? If so that boat looks nice. It has a ton of room in it. If you get it just know that you will want to add perfect pass(1000-1500) and you probably will want to do some sort of custom ballast although you can jsut gets sacks for know. If it has hard tanks in the rear I would ditch them and put large sacks in place. I would think if you had something like 500's or bigger in the rear compartments, a bag plumbed in the locker(400-500 I think) and then did a bow integrated sack, triangle bow sack, 750 down the walkthrough or lead for the bow you would be set. You would have roughly 1000# for the front and 1000# for the rear plus the wedge.

I looked at craigslist and you have a serioius shortage of boats up the NE states.

Not sure if you can go to New york for a boat but here is one. Very good chance it is a scam because it should be double the cost.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/boa/2649646357.html

This would make an awesome boat and looks to be in PA. Jsut have to add a tower(2000), PP(1500) and ballast(1000-2000) and you have a SAN210.
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/boa/2621034808.html
I just noticed you said 1998 or newer but the Super Sport has extremely low hours, one of if not the best motors ever put in wakeboats and once you added the stuff I mentioned you would have brand new tower, ballast, PP and probably stereo.
Old     (geterdone)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-21-2011, 2:30 PM Reply   
Negotiate. . . .
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-21-2011, 8:23 PM Reply   
2000 X-Star my friend traded to get a Supra. Great boat located midwest
http://www.aquamarineofanderson.com/...R0&veh=2347118
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-21-2011, 8:25 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the advice. I've look into the the 22v. Great deal even if it has no trailer. I will need to find one. I got in my sights a supra 22v trailer, but i'm nit sure it will fit the boat...

The other tige in NY state needs to have all the vinyls redone, and a new perfectpass. Also it has no ballasts.

I found those 2 other deals:

http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/2545582907.html
http://utica.craigslist.org/boa/2640109197.html

The centurion needs a tower, but looks like new.
The nautique has a lot of hours but is well equipped, and is a V-drive..

So far I have a hard time choosing between a DD and V Drive.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-21-2011, 8:47 PM Reply   
Another DD: http://hartford.craigslist.org/boa/2609697349.html
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-21-2011, 9:44 PM Reply   
That is a pretty cool looking MB but jump on that SAN assuming there is nothing wrong with it. 18k for a 2000 SAN is a great deal. I see a couple things you will want to change/upgrade but those can be done at any time. The digital gauges will probably fail and need to be replaced with analog ones. I don't think it is too expensive. REmove the rear hand tanks and plumb in bags or add Nautique wedge sacks on top of the rear tanks. 610 hours might sound like a lot at first but that boat must have the GT40 PCM motor. Best engine ever put in a wake boat. The boat is very efficient compared to new boats, doesn't need a ton of weight and will throw a down right scary wake. The only reason not to buy(again, assuming it is in good shape) is that you hate a vertical solid wake or that you want more room. I don't think they surf that great but maybe I am wrong on that.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-22-2011, 6:08 AM Reply   
My truck has over 3500 hrs, so it's not the hours on the engine that scares me, it's more everything around.

So from what i can understand, there are no significant differences between a d drive and a V drive. They both might be able to give a good board an surf wake?
What about replacing upholstery in a boat. How much are we looking for if it's done professionally, on a 21ft for example?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-22-2011, 6:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by espritv8 View Post
My truck has over 3500 hrs, so it's not the hours on the engine that scares me, it's more everything around.

So from what i can understand, there are no significant differences between a d drive and a V drive. They both might be able to give a good board an surf wake?
What about replacing upholstery in a boat. How much are we looking for if it's done professionally, on a 21ft for example?
Usually 3000 to 3500 to replace upholstery in a 21 ft V-drive.Maybe a little less on a D-Drive.That's using a quality vinyl.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-22-2011, 7:52 PM Reply   
"there are no significant differences between a d drive and a V drive"

For me, wakeboarding is a social sport. Friends/family out for the day having fun on the boat. For this reason, IMO, the vdrive rules. But, if you are just wanting a boat to make quick trips from your private dock on a lake, the ability to pack people onto the boat nicely is not so important.
Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-24-2011, 3:09 PM Reply   
THis is my boat that I am selling and it fits what you are looking for. Its way under 500 hours and fits in your price range. If you have any questions about it or want more pics shoot me a email at jbaggett@tnrmt.com or give me a call at 865-850-4995

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/2608256293.html
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-24-2011, 3:25 PM Reply   
I am selling me 2001 pro air . I am negotiable on the price. 350 hours . Very clean. I has been an awesome boat for me but I'm upgrading. Hit me up if your interested. I'm listing it for 22 but wakeworld discount would come in to play
Old     (Dmcastino)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-24-2011, 8:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
"there are no significant differences between a d drive and a V drive"

For me, wakeboarding is a social sport. Friends/family out for the day having fun on the boat. For this reason, IMO, the vdrive rules. But, if you are just wanting a boat to make quick trips from your private dock on a lake, the ability to pack people onto the boat nicely is not so important.
True, a v drive has a seating configuration that most people find more appealing, but I definitely like dealing with a direct drive MUCH better when doing maintenance like the OP says he wants to do on his own, and at the end of the day, the direct drive seating lay out has really never been a big deal to my friends and I at least. I seriously love working on the direct drive boats have having easy 360 degree access to the motor, it makes things so much simpler.

OP, personally I like the PS205 direct drive, thats what I have my eye on for my first boat of my own when I get out of school. Super versatile boat discipline wise for those of us who like to barefoot and slalom as well as board. If you go look at that 99 though, check out the interior, I dont have any first hand knowledge of this, but I've been told by several people that the 99 205s had poor quality interiors compared to other years
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-01-2011, 4:00 PM Reply   
Went to get the 22v, but it was in very poor condition. Lots of work needed so I passed.

Now looking at the PS205. It would need a tower and perfectpass, and has 530hrs on it. I would also surf with this boat, and would a like a decent wakeboard wake. What do you think?

There is a 4500$ difference between the 00 SAN and the 99 PS205, with similar hours and condition.

Last edited by espritv8; 11-01-2011 at 4:03 PM. Reason: mistake
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-01-2011, 4:04 PM Reply   
BTW there is a 4500$ difference between the 2000 Air nautique and the 99 PS205 with similar hours and condition.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-01-2011, 4:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
BTW there is a 4500$ difference between the 2000 Air nautique and the 99 PS205 with similar hours and condition.
Wait, is there an air nautique as well or just that one SAN in Utica? I think a 2000 Air Nautique(direct drive) is worth $4500 more then a 99 prostar 205. Especially if the prostar doesn't have a tower, ballast or PP.

A SAN is worth ~10k more then a prostar 205 if the 205 doesn't have a tower, ballast, PP. Assuming they are in similar shape.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-01-2011, 5:45 PM Reply   
Well there is one but for more money with less hours. I'll stick with the SAN i guess...
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-09-2011, 5:55 PM Reply   
Damn, too late the nautique has been sold!!

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 00 malibu wakesetter lsv with 550hrs. I haven't seen the boat yet, but it looks clean.

What do you think?
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-15-2011, 8:00 PM Reply   
ound two other choices besides the malibu escape lsv 00.

Maristar 2000
Tige 21i 2004

Looking for the best wakeboard and wakesurf wake. They are all in the same price range.

Which one would you choose?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-15-2011, 8:08 PM Reply   
what model maristar? If it is the 23 foot vdrive it has some potential. They are really big inside and will throw a pretty good although wide wakeboard wake with a lot of extra weight. I am not 100% sure but am pretty sure it will throw a pretty decent surf wake with extra ballast as well.

I wouldn't even look at the Tige 21i unless it is really cheap. I guess it will probably throw a decent surf and wakeboard wake but you may end up with sacks on the floor and may get sketchy when adding much weight surfing.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-16-2011, 4:43 PM Reply   
It's the maristar 210... It has no options (no tower no pp no ballasts)

The Tige goes for 19000, with trailer ans 330hrs. I'm not a fan of tiges. The ones i've seen have cheap interiors, and quality seems sketchy.

So i've look elsewhere and found an 03 outback LSV. Same price range as the others.

I'm pretty tired looking now, I might just get this last one. It has low hours, looks decent on the pics.

BTW thanks bill for all your help. I'm getting to know boats, but still need a lot of advice!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-16-2011, 5:14 PM Reply   
An 03 Outback LSV is the same as the 03 mobius LSV wihtout the tower and center ballast standard. They have a nice simple layout. It should be a good all around boat that is nice a nd simple and easy to add stuff as you go. Not really sure on the surfing ability but I am pretty sure it will throw a decent wave with ballast. The thing I really like about them is how simple they are. There just isn't a lot of extra crap to give you problems or go bad. If you can get a solid deal on one and it is in good shape it isn't a bad purchase at all. What options and price? does it have any ballast? perfect pass?, tower?, racks? Fuel injected motor? hydraulic trim plate?
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-16-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
20K$, 290 hrs, tower and trim tab. Indmar assault, bimini and tower speakers.

No pp, no ballast...
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-16-2011, 7:04 PM Reply   
add is there: http://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/2639536326.html
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-16-2011, 8:47 PM Reply   
I like that at 20k. Not as much at 25k. It has the good options that are harder to add after the fact. FI motor, trim tab, tower. Budget 1200-1500 for PP, 500 for racks and 1000 to 1500 for auto fill ballast. It is nice to know that it probably hasn't had much extra weight in it. IT was probably just used as a family cruising and tubing boat. Really the single axle trailer is the biggest downfall in my opinion but that boat doesn't really need it. Especially if you don't tow much.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-17-2011, 5:53 AM Reply   
For what its worth our 1995 Super Sport Nautique (Same hull as super air) is for sale (put away for winter now) ... older but great boat in great shape
600 hrs
Tower
2k in auto-ballast plumbed in
tower speakers (6) subs (2) amps (2)
tower mirror - board racks
dual axle trailer
V-drive, open bow

We were asking 17.5k on it
... not that ours is what you want, but maybe take a look at Supersport nautiques .... great great wakeboard wake and a pretty good surf wake
Attached Images

Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       11-17-2011, 11:27 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790872

buy this guys boat
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-18-2011, 12:45 PM Reply   
There is an 00 super air going for 16500 on planetnautique.com. Won't buy it, it's too far.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-01-2011, 10:14 AM Reply   
I've been looking for a month and a half. Nothing really catches my attention, and when it does, the deal fall through.

I'm all over craigslist, ebay, backpage, boattrader, iboats, boats.com, boatboss, and brand forums, and can't find no deals worth while.

But I see lots of post with people bragging about gettin an 07' avalanche for 22K$ and 01' X-2 going for 17K$... Where does this guys find those kind of deals?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-01-2011, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
I've been looking for a month and a half. Nothing really catches my attention, and when it does, the deal fall through.

I'm all over craigslist, ebay, backpage, boattrader, iboats, boats.com, boatboss, and brand forums, and can't find no deals worth while.

But I see lots of post with people bragging about gettin an 07' avalanche for 22K$ and 01' X-2 going for 17K$... Where does this guys find those kind of deals?
Where have you seen posts of people getting deals like that? I haven't heard or seen of any deals like that in the last year or 2. In the 08-09 range some where getting deals like that because of all the new and used repo boats hitting the market. They jsut aren't out there like that anymore.

Keep looking and be patient. My biggest advice is dont' just buy something because you are in a hurry. You don't want to end up with something you don't really like or ends up being a huge headache.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-06-2011, 9:40 AM Reply   
I don't remember exactly, but i'm browsing a couple forums (wakeworld including obviously) and very often prices mentioned in post don't reflect the value you can witness on trader or onlyinboards.

Closer to home, i have a good condition maristar 225 Vdrive. I have a decent deal, but can't find a lot of infos on the boat.

I wonder how the wakeboard and surf wake is on this thing? Does it needs a lot of ballasts?

What are your general impressions? I probably could get a newer Tige 2100V or centurion Eclipse for 4-5K$ more. At 15K$ the Maristar is a better deal?

Thanks
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-06-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
What year is the MAristar? If it is in the 95 range I am not sure that boat was all that great for anything. If it is the late 90's or early 2000's then it is the same as the original X30 and would be a pretty good boat. It would take a lot of weight but should produce a good wakeboard and surf wake.

I like the late 1999-2002 Tige 2100v/21v. They were really big inside, ride well in rough water, don't need a ton of ballast, surf well, etc.... The problems were most of them have that terrible metcraft tower which may be known as the worst tower ever made. Also the vinyl seemed to be a week point. Most also don't come with ballast or PP so those things may need to be added. You definately get a lot of boat though for the 20k range with those.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-06-2011, 10:48 AM Reply   
What about the wood in the hull in the Tige? Could it be a problem? (Apparently Tige produced their boats with wood stringers up to 2004)

The boat looks nice.

Concerning the Eclipse seems to be small and have a low freeboard, so I suspect the wake isn't great. I'm I wrong?
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-06-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
And yes the Maristar is a 1995...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-06-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
I thought Tige stopped in 02 or 03 but regardless I don't think you are looking at ones that new. All the 21v's were with wood stringers I believe. I haven't ever heard of a problem with the wood in Tige's. Could it eventually be a problem, yes. Has it been a problem, I don't think so. I actually don't know if I have ever heard of it being a problem in Tige or Sanger. I think a lot of the problem stems from boat builders in the 70's and 80's not using correctly treated wood or the wrong kind of wood. Now everybody thinks wood is automatically bad. I think there are some benefits of wood though as well. The wood stringers should help give the boat a lot more solid feel. I would check to see if there is some sort of lifetime hull/stringer warranty on Tige's of that era and if it is transferable if you are worried about it.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-06-2011, 2:43 PM Reply   
don't forget this site
http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skii...gory=Comp_Boat
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-14-2011, 3:48 PM Reply   
Finally found my boat.
It's an 04 avalanche with 450 hrs! Not a lot of equipment, but looks nice, and got a great price. (21k$)

Thanks for all your help guys!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-14-2011, 4:00 PM Reply   
Awesome Jonathan. Post some pics. Did you get one with the walk through or the C4(full wrap around, no walk through)? Should be a great boat and that is a great price. The boat will crush rough water, surf awesome, and should wakeboard well once you get it setup correctly. Perfect pass and custom ballast system would be my first additions if it doesn't have those already.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-14-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
That's one heck of a wakeboat. Head over to centurion crew for info
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-16-2011, 12:44 PM Reply   
It is the C4. Not sure the walk trough design is very practical? (Less room for gear and ballast)

I will need ballast on this as it only has a 250lbs center ballast. I wonder how i'm going to install those?

As for the pics, it get some when it' sin my driveway!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-16-2011, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
It is the C4. Not sure the walk trough design is very practical? (Less room for gear and ballast)

I will need ballast on this as it only has a 250lbs center ballast. I wonder how i'm going to install those?

As for the pics, it get some when it' sin my driveway!
Nice, I like the C4 a lot more then the walkthrough. You are going to have to figure out how you want the ballast to be setup and for what type of sport(surfing or Wakeboarding). here are some setups I can think of that would work well.

For Surfing:
Enzo sack on each side.
Enzo sack on each side plus a bow integrated sack.
Enzo sack on each side plus a bow integrated sack plus 400-500 in lead sacks

For Wakeboarding
400-500 in each vdrive compartment plus a bow integrated sack
same as above but add 400-500 in lead sacks.

For wakeboarding and surfing
750 or whatever the biggest bags you can fit in the rears plus 350's-500's under the side seats plus bow integrated sack plus 400-500 in lead.
750's in the rear plus integrated sack plus 400-500 in lead sacks

There are a lot of options for what type of sacks and where you want them. Then you have to think about how you want to fill them. Tsunami pumps with a dc adapter(annoying and has to be done manually), plumbed in aerator pumps, plumbed in reversible pumps, etc...

Last edited by polarbill; 12-16-2011 at 1:23 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-16-2011, 2:19 PM Reply   
Brett gave pretty good write up. Some Ripley prefer aerator pumps, some prefer reversible. The aerator pump method is a nit cheaper and gills s bit quicker if u opt for the tsunami 1200's.

Your one stop shop for everything including one of the brst customer service departments is www.wakemakers.com

I would ho with 750's unless surfing is your main sport
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-16-2011, 2:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Brett gave pretty good write up. Some Ripley prefer aerator pumps, some prefer reversible. The aerator pump method is a nit cheaper and gills s bit quicker if u opt for the tsunami 1200's.

Your one stop shop for everything including one of the brst customer service departments is www.wakemakers.com

I would ho with 750's unless surfing is your main sport
Did you make that post form a phone? ripley, nit, gills? haha.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-20-2011, 5:26 PM Reply   
I think i will start with aerator pumps. Look easier and cheaper to install. Thanks for all the advice!
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-25-2012, 5:37 AM Reply   

There is a pic of it from the dealer.

Have you seen this boat before? Just wondering about it's history....