Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (getsome137)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-08-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Hey guys...i just recently bought the new LF Omega 139....has anyone heard anything about it....how does it feel? best suited riding style? etc...thanx alot for you input...
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-08-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
I love my Omega 139. I have the Alpha bindings with them. I'm a beginner. This board is very predictible. It seems like whatever i throw at it the board responds how i want. Not too much pop unless you have good technique then it unloads. I'm 220 pounds 6'3" , so it's a little small and i have too ride faster than i would on a larger board. I have like 7 other boards but I'm not changing again for awhile.
Old    260searay            02-09-2006, 3:00 AM Reply   
My friend has an Omega/Alpha package and it is his first board. He seems to like it quite a bit. One thing i notice is that it seems really light compared to my Team.
Old    alanp            02-09-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
i rode last years model. i didnt care for it to much. pop was average i thought. the board was a little looser than i like too. for me the board was average and nothing stood out, good or bad about it. speed into the wake was average, pop average, edge hold average. i didnt find it difficult to ride nor did i have to change up my riding to adjust to it. it seemed like it would be a good board to have in the boat b/c anyone could hop on and have a good time. dont take this post as negative about your new stick im sure you;ll have a great time on it.
Old     (txadam)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-09-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
I've got the 143 & just rode it yesterday for the 3rd time since I've had it. I'm loving it so far! As long as you have good technique you can do anything on the Omega.
Ben Greenwood goes HUGE on it.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-09-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
Great Board.....i love mine. It is just a mellowed down substance with some characteristics of an Evo mixed in with it. Really consistent and lots of fun finless (at least that is the only way i would ride it). I generally get a new setup every year. But this year I just got new bindings because i enjoy my omega so much. The landings aren't the softest but not too bad. I am intermediate/advanced. I am sure you will love your new board. Just take my advice and learn to ride this finless. You will be glad you did.
-Nate
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-09-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
Ben Greenwood does go huge with this board so it is very capable....lets not forget that Lyman chose this board as well....what is it with the guys that have that "go big" style choosing the Omega.
-Nate