Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jfeds97)      Join Date: May 2014       06-07-2014, 10:51 AM Reply   
I just ordered two 400 sacs for the v-drive lockers and I also have a 750 sac and a 500 sac. Yesterday I put the two 400's in the v-drive lockers and the 750 up front about half full and the wake was washed out at 24 mph and wasn't really any bigger. Where would be the best place for the sacs and could someone explain how adding weight to the front and adding weight the the back affects the wake? The boat is a 1998 centurion elite v-drive.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-07-2014, 12:33 PM Reply   
Typically weight in the back means a bigger wake, weight up front makes it steeper. U typically want a 60% rear weight 40% front weight configuration.
Old     (kendallb)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-07-2014, 1:49 PM Reply   
I have a 1996 centurion elite v and I have played with the weight for years! I run 750's in the engine compartment 300 under the floor in front of the transmission and a tige rzr bow bag (400) under the bow seats. Wakeboarding I run about 400 in each v drive bag full under the floor and full bow. Also depending on how many people I have in the boat I will also put a 540 bag in the bow. The elite loves bow weight due to its deep v. Also you might need a better prop. I have the black scorpion and I run a acme 911(13×10.5). I also added a lenco 14x9 trim tab that I run alittle over neutral. These 2 things really help the boat get up to speed quick( saving gas!)