Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (ryan_e)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-16-2003, 8:38 PM Reply   
Well I just got my boat last Saturday and the radio stopped working Sunday. It is the JBL MR-22. Anyway, the manual said to check the fuse on the back of the radio. How do you get the radio out to check the fuse on the back of it? I tried the 2 small metal brackets, but instead of pulling the radio out it slide in even more. Any suggustions on getting it out?
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-17-2003, 6:35 AM Reply   
This will work... push the radio all the way in. Then pull up the tabs on the metal bracket that held the radio in place (the metal bracket that is still in the dash) Remove this bracket, pull the radio out the opening. On each side of the radio their are little metal tabs, make sure they are at 90 deg angles, or pointing staight out. Otherwise when you put it all back together the radio might slide back in too far. You will have to unplug all of the RCA's, wire harness and antenna and reinstall the bracket first, then slide the stereo in from the front.

As far as why it quit working? Did it just completely go dead? No lights or anything, or no sound, or it locked up... more details please. I assume you checked the circuit breakers under the radio/throttle...
Old     (ryan_e)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-17-2003, 7:49 AM Reply   
Yeah, the radio was working Saturday then when I got on the lake Sunday it would not turn on. No lights anything. The circuit breaker under the trottle seemed to be fine. None of the breakers were sticking out.

Old     (ryan_e)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-17-2003, 5:25 PM Reply   
Tony, thanks for the advice. I got everything back to normal.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-18-2003, 8:01 AM Reply   
Cool. So you going to let us know what you found...?
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-19-2003, 6:41 AM Reply   
What is everyones impression on this deck. I have had to use the reset button twice now and my boat is only 2 months old. I am also tired of the skipping, disk reading error, and tuner fading in and out. Don't get me wrong I love my boat, but I hope Malibu decides on a better quality deck for next years models. So far, this has been my only gripe.
Old     (ryan_e)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-19-2003, 8:43 AM Reply   
Chad I am in agreement with you. My radio will not even get a reception while the boat is running. And then I can only get 1 or 2 station when sitting still. The radio SUCKS. As for the boat, I love it and have not complaints.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-19-2003, 6:38 PM Reply   
I Have a 03 VLX and I agree with you guys about the deck. IT SUCKS! My friend said he ordered an 04 the other day and that they told him one of the only interior differences was that the deck and all the speakers were now sony.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-19-2003, 7:13 PM Reply   
maybe if I wait a little longer I can return the deck in on warranty and get the newer model.

Ryan, I didn't know the 04 were on there way, when is it supposed to be in? What else has changed?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-20-2003, 1:05 AM Reply   
I'd always buy a boat without a stereo fitted, for the same money the factory charges you can get an awesome system with some snooping around.
Old    painterdrew            06-20-2003, 1:41 PM Reply   
ordered mine with no head unit. Factory one is not good. Everything else in the boat is great. Any good subwoofer ideas?
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-23-2003, 11:42 AM Reply   
Lots of little problems... it sucks. Error message, reset, falling back in the dash, etc... stereo remote on transom broke due to factory tighting it up to tight, etc... hopefully sony will be an improvement.