Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    mxwaker            08-31-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
I spoke with a dealer about some leftover MC 2004 X2's which are available in the low to mid 40's, equipped with basics, racks, bimini, tandem trailer, basic stereo, etc. He also stated that if I wait and order brand new, similiar equipped 05 X2, it will be roughly 10K more? Is this accurate info? If so I would rather pay the payment all winter and let it sit in my garage if I am going to save 10k. I know there are quite a few X2 owners on this site, what are your experiences as far as pricing and when you purchased?
Old    gatorsactions            08-31-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
I wouldn't say 10K more... We just ordered our 05 x2 with the basics + tower speakers, lights, MCX, etc. for low fifties.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-31-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   
In general, a dealer floorplans his stock. This means that he pay interest every month on the stock. If it is not sold by September, it is likely to sit around until the spring. He will discount the "loss" of the interest to get it gone. Leftover stock is a great deal if it has the motor you want. If it has the base motor, be very careful in your consideration. The X-2, IMO, is best with at least 330 hp.

You probably can negotiate storage or winterization and spring tune up buying now, perhaps extra acessories free or at cost just to move the stock. This is the best time of the year for the bargain hunters.
Old    mxwaker            08-31-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
Good info. In regards to the motor, you mentioned specifically the X2 in regards to needing at least 330hp. It seems to be on one of the smaller vdrive wakeboats, anything specific to your opinion as far as that boat needing the MCX upgrade?
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-31-2004, 3:08 PM Reply   
sure, the more power the better. and its a bigger boat than the SAN and I wouldn't get that boat without at least the Excalibur 330hp, right?
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-31-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
FYI.....

"As to price increase for 2005 the base boat price for an X2 rose by $265...MSRP. The bottom line? You should see no price increase on this model for 2005."

Taken from mymastercraft.com

This is a dealer in Charlotte,NC.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
True, it will rise $256. But obviously they are willing to go below their normal retail price to move the boat. 10K seems like a hell of a lot though. Let's call it 6K, and that is not a bad deal, especially if it has all you want.

I have the 315 Merc in my Tige 22I and that has plenty of punch.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-01-2004, 6:09 AM Reply   
I have competed behind several X-2's and have a few friends with the boat. When loaded down, all of the 310 boats run the most agressive prop and still are struggling out of the hole and have difficulty on sharp corners on compeition lakes. The 330 boats have a much easier time, but still run the more agressive prop. Selling X-2 props has been great this year for this reason.

No dealer will heavily discount any boat starting in March through July. The best discounts are September-January, and boat show orders. They want to free up captial by moving left-over stock. It is simply business and they have to make a profit.

rider@boarditup.com
Old    mxwaker            09-01-2004, 8:23 AM Reply   
So it sounds like a nicely equipped 2005 X2 could be had for 48K-49K dollar range if ordered during boat show/preseason timeframe?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-01-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
Perhaps. You need to be sure of the delivery date. It gets busy fast. Some ordered in February were not delivered until June. Take a good look at the big picture.

I am a Gekko dealer, so I would love to get you into one of my boats. However, buy what you really want and don't look back.
Old    d_anderson            09-01-2004, 9:19 AM Reply   
Very tru on the price of the X2 I talked to the dealer yeasterday and he said the close out prices for the X2 was around 46000 thats comp.to the 04 mbu. I was wondering what the monthly payments are on a boat of this price? I figured around 450 monthly but I have seen adds saying your payments would run around the low 3.
Old    mxwaker            09-01-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
Probably a bigger down payment would be my guess?? I believe the 10% down payment rule is standard, but if you chose to put more down, obviously the payment would be less. With 10% down (10% of the 'out the door' price), I believe you are correct, somewhere in the 400-450 a month range.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-01-2004, 12:46 PM Reply   
10% down is norm, then for a ballpark payment, figure about $100/month per $10k borrowed, on a 15 year note. Of course it's all dependant on credit, etc.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
cdm, how is the X2 bigger than the SAN?

X2: 20.7 L 90 W 3050 lbs
SAN: 21.2 L 91 W 3190 lbs
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-02-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
I don't know if it makes much difference to you, but one of the big differences between the 04 and 05 X-2 is the 05 X-2 has the new throttle by wire. I haven't driven or ridden in the 05, but several of these threads have indicated the throttle control is like night and day with the throttle by wire - significantly smoother and better control. Supposedly, it also helps with PerfectPass.