Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-09-2004, 6:52 PM Reply   
Im thinking of selling my 03' X-Star and pimping out a 05' 210 SANTE. I have some questions and concerns. The 210 is a smaller boat. How much better do you think the X-Star performs in "big water"? What about comfort, space and storage? All a sacrifice in the 210, imo. Engine? I choose.. 6.0 375Hp .. the dealer tells me most people go with the 330hp? Wrong!! Ballast? CC uses Jebsco water puppies right? All ballast systems have issues.. damn impellers!! It will be pimp when Im done with it. My 03'- 5 pumps 3 tanks and 4 bags, all push button, takes minutes. Style? I still like the looks of the X-Star, however the SANTE is historic seasoned look to it. In the end on paper my "likes" tend to side with the X-Star however something, perhaps price has spurred my interest. And that brings us to aftermarket parts... THE FUN STUFF!! If you could design your SANTE starting with the # of batteries to the color of the tower, what would you do? Im thinking of not order any stock speakers, subs, amps, tower speakers, lights etc from the factory. Im thinking JL Audio speakers, offered in the 05' X-Star, stock and 1 NVS 1010 or 8080 for the tower. Any suggestion for tower lights on steriods = to the NVS? What am I missing? I think the thought of a new boat gets me excited.. The thought of not having a payment or a very small one at worst.. and a new 05' pimped SANTE is mind boggling!! I priced a 05' X-Star and it came in at ~$80500 with the L-18 and almost all the options... This could be close to a $30000 difference! Are you guys following me?? Thats crazy..
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-09-2004, 7:03 PM Reply   
Switch to Decaf bro!
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-09-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
why are you going for the absolute biggest motor possible, alot of the time it is unnecessary and the stock motors or one up from them is all you need. you can always change the prop too...
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-09-2004, 8:44 PM Reply   
that is one up from the stock motor as for the SAN goes. I own an X-Star with the MCX and would only upgrade to the L-18. And I re-proped.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-09-2004, 10:19 PM Reply   
For me cdm it will be a 05 Sante with the ZR6 engine 375 hp for sure because if you wwant to weight it down a lot and bring people the 330 will be a bit to crappy. It will cost less in fuel because he will throttle lower on start.

primary color : orange
secondary stripe : titanium
hull : black or orange
piping : black or titanium
tower : orange

I think that the X-star lookvery sick, but the sante wake is better, best combination X-star with the Sante wake shape.

Good luck cdm and wathever you will do you will have a sick boat.

peace
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-10-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
I agree that the Excalibur 330 can be slightly underpowered in the SAN with full ballast and a load of people in the boat. The ZR6 is a better choice if you can swing it. I believe it is about a $6000 upcharge though. Either way, when I decide to get rid of my SAN for a new one, it will have the ZR6.

BTW, the ZR6 is NOT the largest engine you can order in a Nautique. They offer the Python 454 8-litre 425 horsepower engine as an option in all models. This engine is so big that to fit it into a SAN, the engine compartment door must be replaced with one that sits up higher in the back.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-10-2004, 8:46 AM Reply   
I don't know about that. To my understanding CC no longer offers the Python 502 8 litre 430 hp engine as an option anymore.... What about not ordering speakers etc.. Any suggestions for super bright lights??

CDM