Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2010, 6:47 AM Reply   
Just a reminder...Chicago Boat show starts next week (01/13 thru 01/17). Stop by and see me at the Supra and Moomba booth to check out the new boats and the new VISION system.

Anyone going this year?
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-07-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
im thinkin about it.
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-07-2010, 12:57 PM Reply   
Me and the family are cruising up on Friday nite. Neil, we'll stop by and say hello, but I'm sure you'll be to busy selling boats. By the way, yours truly is on the Lake Holiday Board. I beleive I have the votes to change the hp limit and possibly look at the length limit. If you guys have customers from LH looking at boats, have them shoot me an email. I need a catalyst to get the ball rolling.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-07-2010, 1:20 PM Reply   
I'll be there. Does anyone know how to get any discounted / free tickets this year? A couple of years ago I got a couple from EPIC. I am planning on going on Sunday.
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-07-2010, 9:03 PM Reply   
Last year's show was the first i went to and loved it. You might be able to see the joy on my face in my profile picture (taken in the Moomba/Supra booth.) I'm trying to convince my dad to go since I don't want to drive there myself haha. If we go it will be saturday or sunday.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-08-2010, 6:34 AM Reply   
Greg- Good to hear buddy! I will pass that info along to people from your lake that I come across.

Todd- See you there!
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-09-2010, 4:09 PM Reply   
I'll be there on Satuday. I'm looking forward to it!
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-11-2010, 9:17 PM Reply   
Just found out I don't have the funds to go. 2010 is not treating me well so far.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-16-2010, 11:52 PM Reply   
boat show wasnt that great. maybe half the size of the previous shows. I was kinda disappointed. sea ray was absent as was carver. all the booths were half the size as the last few years. mastercraft didnt have the new x25. malibu was ok. the axis wrap was pretty cool ill put a pic up later. no tige. I didn't see any pros either. was i not looking in the right spots or was this an accurate representation?
Old     (pstar94)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-17-2010, 3:38 PM Reply   
i agree. it was disappointing.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
Dang Greg...I swear every year you come when I'm working with someone on a boat...sorry I couldn't chat.

I think that the size of the show this year is a reflection of the overall economy. Many boat dealers in the midwest went bust, and some just felt the boat show money might be better spent on in house promotions, as opposed to the McCormick Place venue. It is VERY expensive to exhibit there.

From a wakeboarder/towboat perspective, there was everything that has representation in the midwest. Malibu, Axis, Mastercraft, Nautiques, Supra's and Moomba's. There were two pro shops that had alot of the hot gear for this year. Sure, the displays were not shock and awe and chalk full of the entire inventory, but dealers and manufacturers have to adjust their spending, just as we as boat enthusiasts have, considering the economy.

IMHO, I think the show went as well as it could when you factor in the economic conditions in the boating and RV industry. Traffic was strong from my perspective, especially on Friday, Saturday and early Sunday.
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
No problem Neil. Did a couple walk bys, and the guys you were talking to seemed serious about a boat, so I didn't want to interrupt. The show was ok. We had some comp passes. The part that killed me was 19 for parking. Its Monday, I went Friday, and its still a little sore when I sit down. Oh well. I think the inboard dealers who were there had a decent showing. I was disappointed Searay wasnt there with a pro shop. They usually have something that makes me leave a hundred lighter. Hopefully the economy gets back on track and they'll be more traffice next year. If not, maybe just find a big high school gym. If it continues to shrink, they won't need McCormick Place.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-18-2010, 4:24 PM Reply   
Park on the street its free. just make sure u hide ur ipods and nav.

I saw people walking around with Ronix gear. Where was that booth at. I saw the munson pro shop area. where was the other one?
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-18-2010, 5:35 PM Reply   
I thought Supra/Moomba had the best display of the inboards mfgs there.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-19-2010, 6:51 AM Reply   
Dave- Jayson was there from The Board Shop in Lake Geneva, WI. He had a small display in the middle aisles of the show, towards the back, but stuffed with inventory. I'm pretty sure he did well and was offering some heavy discounts to move Ronix and LF product.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-19-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
I live in Lake Geneva I'll just stop by the board shop when im back home. Jayson is the man by the way. I wish I would have saw him at the show. Thanks NAW