Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    newguynewboat            03-01-2005, 3:43 PM Reply   
Hey there,
I have been lurking around here for a while and finally signed up and am posting. I am just curious if you could tell me how to winterize a Sanger 210? I am looking at buying an older 210 or a newer 215. I am going to water test this weekend and possibly purchase this weekend. However if I do I will have to re-winterize cause up here there is the possiblity of freezing again.

Thank you everyone
Dev

P.S. I did do a search and didn't find anything. if there is already a thread on this can you tell me what you used to search?
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-01-2005, 3:47 PM Reply   
Devon,
Are you buying from a dealer? If so, if you puchased this weekend I bet they would rewinterize it for you as part of a deal.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-01-2005, 3:47 PM Reply   
1st if you can go with the 215 its worth a little extra...on the winterize thinging is it going to be outside? give as much info as possible for the experts to answer. myself I dont cause I still use my boat once a month atleast...
Old    newguynewboat            03-01-2005, 3:52 PM Reply   
Its a private deal on both
its going to be outside
weather could get below freezing easily possibly -10 deg cel. and lower
I need to winterize every season so I figured now would be a good time to learn! thanks for getting back so quick guys!
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       03-01-2005, 5:26 PM Reply   
Mine has three blue plugs on both sides of the engine. You have to take the side panels off to really see them. Just unscrew them and the water will drain out. Takes a couple of minutes other than removing the side panels. Once you know where they are, you can reach down and unscrew them.

Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-02-2005, 5:20 AM Reply   
I agree w/ Kenny and go for the 215 over the 210. They have the same performance but the 215 has a better freeboard and wake.

As for winterizing... sorry, don't do it down here in texas much.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-03-2005, 2:41 AM Reply   
V215 has a better wake than the 210? Really? Have you ridden a weighted up 210 to compare? I haven't ridden a 215 yet so can't really say.
Old    zboomer            03-03-2005, 5:30 AM Reply   
Waterski mag considered the 210 "harcore wakeboard" and the 215 just "wakeboard" rated, fwiw.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-03-2005, 7:20 AM Reply   
I've ridden both and can tell you first hand that the 210 wake is much, much better than the 215. I didn't like the 215 wake at all and we weighted it with almost every possible config. and used from 1500 to 2600lbs of sacks.

It's not a bad wake, just doesn't compare to the 210.

Performance is the same? Sorry, have to disagree here too. The 215 feels like a fat Caddy to drive whil the 210 feels like sports car. I wouldn't even put them in the same class as far as performace.
Both are nice boats and Sanger did a great job on the 215, but it's not a 210 by a long shot.

I had the chance to trade my '03 210 for an '04 215 at no out of pocket cost. Matter of fact, I would walked away with a new boat and a small amount of money(thanks for the offer, Mark@ Semper-Great dealer!) in my pocket and I wouldn't do it.

B-

(Message edited by barry on March 03, 2005)
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-04-2005, 3:49 PM Reply   
I've got to second Barry on his comments the 210 has a much more aggresive wake then the 215 the 90" beam allows you to sink the hell out of this boat the 215 has a 98" beam every sanger dealer Ive talked to including the manufacture will tell you the same thing.I also bought my 03 v210 from Mark Semper-Great guy to do buisness with.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-05-2005, 8:32 PM Reply   
The V215 is 96" beam & is only 3/4" wider than the 210 on the running surface. Everybody seems to agree that the V215 has a rampier wake tho.
Old    penny4urthots            03-06-2005, 6:01 PM Reply   
The new 215 was a much needed addition to the SANGER line up, I'm very happy that when they finally added a new model it was a great design... Is it better than the 210?? That is a matter of personal opinion actually. I PERSONALLY loved the 210 until I took some customers on a demo Thursday. Yes it is a bit wider of boat but it also has a steeper V in the hull than the 210. High school physics can tell you that a "flatter" surface VS. a "steeper" V bottom will be harder to sink into any type of medium...

EX:
If you were going to try and save someone who broke the ice & fell into a frozen lake, would you use a piece of plywood to slide out on? (spreading the weight over a large area)

OR... Would you run to your garage and grab your kids pogo stick and try to hop out to the rescue?? (focusing the same weight on less area)

ANSWER:
You would easily penetrate the ice with less of a surface area, so the pogo stick would quickly have you joining the list in need of rescue. If we apply the same principle to the boat issue 210 VS 215 we can deduct that a boat hull with NOT ONLY less surface area BUT ALSO a steeper hull angle (more chiseled) will be easier to "sink" creating increased water displacement in effect providing a larger wake size.

*This is only a portion of the hydrodynamic theory of "Wake Creation". PLEASE do not post replies attacking me for leaving pieces out, because I will agree with you. If I were to write ALL of the properties you would never make it to the bottom of my post. LOL

"WINTERIZING A SANGER"
This is the paraphrased version....
1. Flush engine with fresh water flushing device.
2. Disconnect the bottom end of all water hoses on the cooling system.
3. Remove freeze plugs from block (2 I think)
4. VIP- Place a tag on dash area saying WINTERIZED
5. Add fuel stabilizer to gas tank if prolonged storage is planned.

* There are a few other steps you can do but these are the main issues of importance...

***APRIL 2-3 see PRO riders going off in Salinas @ Annual Pre Season Kick Off EVENT!! Reps, Live Band, Giveaways and CHEAP DEALS!!!

Details @ www.salinasvalleymarine.com soon!
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-06-2005, 6:25 PM Reply   
Hey Ralph thanks for correcting me on the beam width.Ive also heard the wake is rampy like the malibu VLX if you were comparing.I think the 210 is a steeper wake,which is what I prefer.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-07-2005, 5:37 AM Reply   
Im not a pro level boarder by any means. IMO the v215 wake was not as drastic and more foregiving. Thats why I thought it was better.

I drove both boats in the same day on the same lake (a very small private lake) and I didn't think the extra performance of the v210 made that much of a difference when compared to the bonus in size of the v215.

All just IMO