Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-31-2003, 10:20 PM Reply   
It was a great, great day! New Year's Eve with 76 degree air temp and 70 degree water temp, sunny skies, and barely a breath of wind all day long. And my brother-in-law Joe and I spent the day at The Boarding School in St. Cloud, FL. This is Shaun Murray and Travis Moye's new school. Read about it here: http://www.theboardingschool.com but I'll give you my impressions and experience. We were only there a day, but you can book a week there and stay at the house. The house is a very comfortable 3 bedroom, newly renovated with a cool vibe. They also have all the new 04 Hyperlites for you to demo. We got there about 9am and met and talked with Travis and Shaun a little while before loading up in Shaun's SAN. Travis also has a new X-Star on the way. Joe and I each did a set then we headed back to the dock to pick up a couple from Austria who also rode with us for the day.

The way they teach is great. Travis and Shaun take turns driving the boat and standing on the sundeck to give you instructions. After you fall, they tell you exactly what you are doing right, what you are doing wrong, and most importantly how to do it right. They give you exact instructions on what to do and what to think about for any trick you want to try. The amount of talent and teaching ability there between Travis and Shaun is mind-blowing. They really have there stuff together. You WILL improve, you WILL progress, and you WILL have FUN. They make it a point to have you work on some things for a while, then stop and just ride for fun for a while. Very effective.

Joe and I are intermediate at best, but the couple from Austria were pretty advanced. Travis and Shaun coached both levels equally well. And they will seriously let you ride as long as you want. To no one's surprise, the wake behind the heavily weighted SAN was sooooo nice. Big difference from the wakes Joe and I usually ride behind.

The best part was riding behind Shaun Murray's SAN with him giving you instructions and Travis and Shaun hooting at you when you do something well. But a very close second was getting to watch Shaun do 2 long sets from the boat. Talk about inspiring. What a show. Unfortunately Travis had the flu and couldn't ride today, but boy can he drive that boat. I never realized how much skill I don't have in driving my boat until I saw how Travis handled that SAN. Great driving.

Did I mention for lunch, Shaun and Travis cooked pasta for us? How many people can say Shaun Murray washed their dirty dishes today? :lol:

After an awesome day of riding, we went back to the house, talked for a little while longer, took a couple of pics, and got them to sign a few posters. THANK YOU Travis and Shaun for running this school and for an incredible day and experience. Worth every penny and I definitely plan to go back after I master the many things they gave me to work on. STOKED!
Me, Travis, Sammy, Shaun, Ms. Austria, Joe
Me and Shaun
Old     (bobbyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-01-2004, 6:33 PM Reply   
I cant wait to go to their new school!!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-01-2004, 9:24 PM Reply   
Sounds awesome.
Old    murrayair            01-03-2004, 12:31 AM Reply   
That's so awesome! I need to start saving so i can make that pilgrimage also. I am sooo jealous.