Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (deltar)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-03-2005, 4:11 PM Reply   
I've been messing around teaching myself how to make videos. Right now I'm using windows movie maker. It's been pretty easy. I've been able to import music but how do I remove the sound that was recorded at the time the video was made?

Thanks
Old     (travis_m)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-04-2005, 7:51 PM Reply   
try to get pinnicle version 9 or something. i first started using that and it was really easy to figure out.
Old     (the_regulator)      Join Date: May 2004       09-05-2005, 9:08 AM Reply   
you can change if you want the audio from the film or the imported music to play louder than the other. check the icons beside the timeline, i think its audio settings or something like that, and just set it so only the music is playing. but like travis said, you might want to try to find a different editor
Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-07-2005, 7:46 PM Reply   
Well, first of all, windows media maker is very limited and I suggest getting or trialing more powerful editing software such as adobe premiere pro which you can trial free for a month from the adobe website- you might also try final cut pro. That aside, in windows movie maker you have a couple of options. First you can capture the video without sound by setting the cature device to video only, or if you want to get rid of the natural sound of hte entire piece you can se the audio levels (the little blue box next to the microphone in the the timeline) to audio/music instead of audio from video. Lastly, to take away the audio from just one clip go to clip- audio- mute. Good luck :-)

(Message edited by addictedchick on September 07, 2005)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-07-2005, 8:28 PM Reply   
actually, you can do a lot of things you do on premiere on windows movie maker. premiere just has more bells and whistles. also, final cut pro is mac. i'm not sure he's willing to shell out thousands of bucks simply for editing, and i don't think they make final cut pro for windows (as far as i know).
Old     (deltar)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-09-2005, 4:25 PM Reply   
Thanks. Yea, I don't need to spend much money just want to make a decent video of our vacation. Besides I still need to buy a larger hard drive and dvd burner. I'll try to make windows media player work for now and look into upgrading later. Any good editing software less than say $150?
Thanks for all the help.
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-30-2005, 12:19 PM Reply   
Final cut express is a good low buck option... it doesn't have batch capture and some of the motion effects have limited control but it's really nice for most people. If you have a student order it off the apple site you can get the education price of about $99. Final Cut Pro is only $250-300 with a student ID.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-01-2005, 8:46 PM Reply   

quote:

Thanks. Yea, I don't need to spend much money just want to make a decent video of our vacation.

final cut express = $99
mac = $xxx.xx+

windows movie maker = free
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-10-2005, 2:51 PM Reply   
+ final cut pro package is like $600 with student but $1200 with out + MAC like joe said, you dont need all that at all.
+ final cut pro package is like $600 with student but $1200 with out + MAC like joe said, you dont need all that at all.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-10-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
so travis, what you're trying to say is that final cut pro package is like $600 with student but $1200 with out + MAC.

Old                10-20-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
So what is a good editing program? I'm in the same position as Robert, I just made my first movie with windows and I feel like I want to be able to do a little bit more with my next video.

P.S. - non-Mac user
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-20-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
adobe premiere pro
avid xpress pro hd (although i haven't used it much)