Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-06-2012, 8:04 AM Reply   
I know there are a lot of people on here that are Ford diesel fanatics and I am considering purchasing a 06 F250 6.0 which approx. 72,XXX miles on it. So I was wondering if you all can help me to answer some questions on what types of things to be on the look out for and what type of maintenance I may be looking at:

- Rumor has it that the front end wheel bearings are only good for about 50K before they need swapping. Any truth to that? This truck is lifted.
- General rule of thumb for oil changes. I seem some people say 3k, some say 5k and some even say 7k.
- I see a lot of issues related to head studs, suggestions to delete the EGR, install a coolant filtration system, etc. etc.
- Other things or suggestions I should look into

I bought a brand new 03 6.0L in 2004, but I only had it for a short time so I never became overly familiar with them. I have done a Carfax on this which looks pretty clean, but unlike some of the other ones I have been researching, the service records do not show up, so I am assuming that it was maintained, but not by a Ford dealer.

Anyone out there that could maybe pull an Oasis report for me?

2006 FORD F250 SUPER DUTY
VIN: 1FTSW21P66EA16410
CREW PICKUP
6.0L V8 FI
4 WHEEL DRIVE

The listing also says its an XLT, Carfax doesn't clarify that and Autocheck, shows its a Lariat, Outlaw, King Ranch or Harley. I know it's not a Harley, since it doesn't have any Harley stuff and I have never seen a Black on Black leather King Ranch. Any help clarifying the exact model would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.