Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (grwoolf)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-10-2009, 6:17 PM Reply   
I've got a 2002 x-star (205v) and have never owned a trailer because I keep my boat on a hydrohoist do all my own maintenance. I'm now in the market because our cove is going dry. I've found a single axle trailer for a 2007 X2 and was wondering if it would work for my Xstar. It looks like the 02 Xstar is about a half foot longer and 6 inches narrower than a new X2. Anyone ever try an x-star/205v on a X2 trailer? my primary concerns:

1. negative tongue weight from the boat sitting back
2. tracking fins hitting the cross braces (I don't think the X2 has them)

I can do some cutting/welding if needed, but would prefer to find something that would work without modification. I don't actually plan to trailer the boat for any significant miles, just pull it out until we get some rain.

Also, if anyone knows of a 205v trailer (or other trailer that might work) available in Texas, let me know. Thanks for the help.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-10-2009, 7:39 PM Reply   
Very different hull. It will not work well. Contact Phoenix Trailers in northern Michigan if you don't want to have a MC trailer.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
I would say probably not. The newer x-2's are a totally different hull design and the trailers are very different. I could be wrong though, and since you're just storing, it may work just fine. Do you have anyone that could let you borrow a trailer and try it out? Maybe the local MC dealer?
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-10-2009, 7:53 PM Reply   
If the bunks do not extend all the way to the transom, it puts undue strain on the hull. Not a real good idea to put a boat on a trailer that was not intended for it for any length of time, especially towing any distance.

(Message edited by rio_sanger on March 10, 2009)
Old     (grwoolf)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-10-2009, 9:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback. I might try out the X2 trailer just to see if it's even close, but it sounds like it is not going to fit. Where is a used 205 trailer when you need one? I really don't want to spring for a new trailer that will just be sitting out in the sun without a boat on it 99% of the time. Just to confirm, the MC D-5 model trailer is the trailer for the new model X2, not the old X2(my hull), right? When the seller told me he had an X2 trailer, I got excited because my hull was used on the X2 for a few years until the 205v became the X1. I think it's great this hull is still hanging in after all these years.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-10-2009, 9:20 PM Reply   
Have you checked on the mastercraft owners forum site? You could try some of the mastercraft dealers close to you and see if they have an old shop trailer for a 205 hull. In this economy you may be able to get a used one from them for a couple thousand.