Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    drewsky24            03-22-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
Does anyone ride the Lf Fish, i might get one.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-22-2005, 10:02 AM Reply   
I like idea of the Fish too, I would be curious to see what people thought of them. Hopefully someone out there has ridden it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-22-2005, 10:52 AM Reply   
learn it, live it, love it

Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-22-2005, 10:59 AM Reply   
You could use the search tool for almost 50% of the posts on this forum. The fact is, I want new opinions from people who have ridden it recently. I know where the search tool is Stephan, and will use it when I want to, but thanks for the pointer(s), no pun.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-22-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
"The fact is, I want new opinions from people who have ridden it recently."

The fact is this topic has been posted a half-dozen times in the last few months!
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-22-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
So as I was saying, has anyone ridden it recently, as I have already read all the posts about this board in the past, not to mention the reviews on it.

Thanks
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-22-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
Oh well I rode it two months ago...damn I was going to offer my opinion but it's old news now. Why don't you try riding it yourself!!!!! I'm sorry I'm a jerk today, it's raining & I want to go wakeboarding!
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-22-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
Hey it's 38 degrees here in Toronto and I have been waiting to wakeboard since October of 04. If you have really ridden it, I would love to hear about it.

Air temp here 38 degrees
Water temp here 30 degrees

My blood pressure here =
Old    drewsky24            03-22-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
Daniel - sucks to here tht right now in Florida its 84 degrees
Old    alanp            03-23-2005, 12:31 AM Reply   
im currently riding the fish. i love it. ive had it for about 3 weeks. ill tell you a little about my riding style. i like to ride wake to wake. i like a quick board meaning the speed into the wake after i make my turn. i like a board that is very loose too and doesnt not sit deep in the water. previous boards ive ridden and like are the balance trip shapiro premier and the demented. i dont care for 3 stage rocker boards due to the inconsistent pop and unpredictable buck. plus they sit deep. ive ridden a byerly and i have an old badass(when i was starting bigger was better) and dont care for either of those boards.
now the fish. pretty fast board and once its on edge i have no problems keeping it on edge. i ride it with all the fins. the board is not as loose as my demented though. trade off is that the fish pops like i mother f'er. the board spins very quickly. indeed i have problems on bs 180's keeping the board 180(over rotation) however i have learned hs bs 3's as a consquence(not to bad). inverts are a little harder it seems due to the lack of length. my demented is a 136(8). if you arent landing in a pretty good position ive found it more difficult to ride out of tricks. the same to be said of spins. if i land with my weight a little to heavy on my front of back foot ill just sink whereas on a longer board id have a better chance to ride it out. i kinda like the challenge of having to tighten up riding though. when i do land in the flats i dont find this board lands particularly soft as many state. i find grabs are pretty much similar except for a nuclear grab ive been trying to nail. i feel like with a long board id be easy. it to seems more difficult to grab my backrolls but its only march(hopefully this will get corrected with a little water time). all that being said this is one of my favorites and i will ride it for this season. not a side show but as my main ride.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-23-2005, 6:24 AM Reply   
With that being said, I am going to demo one for sure as soon as my local surf shop let's me have it for the day. (Come on School Bus, pleeeeease?) It has looked like a board that interests me, from it's short demeanor, to its width.....to me looks like a board I may sometime soon purchase. Thanks again for the informative reply Alan.