Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    hyperlitemike            01-14-2004, 6:10 PM Reply   
does anyone now were boardstock is going to be next year
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-14-2004, 7:22 PM Reply   
Posting this like 6 months too early boardstock is toward the end of the season and it hasn't even begun yet try asking when they actually put up their 2004 website
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-14-2004, 7:28 PM Reply   
Knowing the boardstock site, they'll probably post something a couple of weeks before the event. It sucks now anyways IMO.
Old    beerdrnknboardr            01-14-2004, 7:30 PM Reply   
i heard that it is, unfortanatly, gonna be back in that same stockton spot. I mean i dont have a problem with it being on the delta, but they way they have had it set up the last couple years it just seems like some other pro stop and not like boardstock. It sure was great back at shasta, and even the first year at the delta was good but i guess since then they decided to try to take a more money making aproach to the event. Cuz the ticket prices seemed to high last year, and then they had the thing where you could pay to watch from your boat which sounded cool, but everybody on the boat needed a ticket too and that sucked.

Guess i just miss chillen on saturday out on the water and watchin the pros ride for fun
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-14-2004, 8:26 PM Reply   
I've never been to boardstock, but it seems like the spirit has changed. For the first couple of years, it seemed like there wasn't a pro that would miss it. Now, it seems like only a handful attend. Weird...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-14-2004, 8:30 PM Reply   
Less pros every year. Less vendors every year. Higher prices every year.
Old    beerdrnknboardr            01-14-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
I may be mistaken, but wasnt it like a Malibu or a Malibu just ride event last year?
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-14-2004, 9:24 PM Reply   
As of the end of the 2003 event, Boardstock Productions was planning on returning. If they do return, it will not be at the same location on the Stockton Port. By next year, there will be a hotel built on what was the event site. Apparently the permits have been pulled already for the hotel, so that spot is out. They were investigating locations and were leaning towards somewhere in Lodi, where exactly has yet to be determined. The re-introduction of allowing houseboats and ski boats on the event site seemed to work well and it sounded like they wanted to continue back on that path again next year.

Yeah, its not free like it was at Shasta or the pro tour stop, but producing an independent event like this is not cheap. Personally, I look forward to it every year because in the Bay Area, there is not much else.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-14-2004, 10:16 PM Reply   
It was cool having houseboats and skiboats on the event site, but it was messy too. Buffalow was yelling at boats to stay out of the way. Shapiro and Murray were doing ollies over swimmers straying from their houseboats. On a couple of ocassions, the riders had to shorten their passes because of obstructing boaters.

Old     (wakeair1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-15-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
We just got the ad for 2004 Boardstock it is going to be held at Lodi Lake Park on Oct 2nd and 3rd. There is also talk of something in Shasta the week after Oct 4-8.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-15-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
I heard it was going to be moved too. I know the Promoter was talking to Buffalow about the organization of it this year. Stay tuned.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-15-2004, 4:05 PM Reply   
Lodi Lake? You must be kidding? It might be good for a show just for watching the pro's, but there is nowhere to ride for all the people that want to come with their boats. Good luck having it there.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-15-2004, 4:44 PM Reply   
I've never been to Lodi lake, is it that small?
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-15-2004, 5:21 PM Reply   
wake fun taht is right but they will still be riding on the delta seperately and shooting there like they do every year and also they will be having tower park go off again like every other year but i feel that lodi lake will be better for watching it is also a bigger area than downtown stockton.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-15-2004, 6:09 PM Reply   
Hopefully the water is cleaner. That Stockton channel is nasty! Great event tho. I would'nt miss it for nothin'!
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-16-2004, 7:19 AM Reply   
Yes, like I said the Lake is a nice spot for watching the pros ride. It is a very nice park setting with an edge all around it and also a beach. I grew up in Lodi and have been there many times. It is just not a place to do recreational riding. Like Kevin said, save that for the delta.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-16-2004, 12:21 PM Reply   
well i guess we all get to exchange rumors and wait for another half of a year to pass before this thing actually happens...
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-16-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
i was thinking its a little early to be talking about it....
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-16-2004, 12:45 PM Reply   
They actually had a date set, but then Worlds got moved to the same weekend, so the date is up in the air again. Stay tuned...
Old    hyperlitemike            01-16-2004, 11:13 PM Reply   
i was just wondering becuase i thought it may have been in havasu and i was just wondering why didnt they have any sliders last year}
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-17-2004, 4:57 PM Reply   
Nah boardsotck begigning was at lake shasta than it got way to crazy becuase off all the orgen college students so the forestry service kicked them off the lake. Than they got a spot open in stockton and it will stay in stockton until it they get kicked out also. But basically boardstock is dying. I mean its seems to get smaller and smaller thruought the years. They need to do something about it this year to make it better and attract alot more people
Old    beerdrnknboardr            01-17-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
yeah, but makin so more people could go could mean less money for them
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-18-2004, 4:20 AM Reply   
am i completely confused or does justin's (beerdrnknboardr) last comment make NO sense????
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-18-2004, 7:49 AM Reply   
makes sense he saying that basically allowing it to be free would mean more people would attend and less money for the commercial promoting end of it like it used to be..never been but i heard it ws more fun the old way.