Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-08-2015, 9:52 PM Reply   
Hi, my family and I are taking a trip to California at the end of March and I was wondering if anyone would be up for taking me, my wife and three kids out for some pulls on the Delta? I live in Minnesota and the lakes are still kind of "hard" to get out on this time of year and I think it would be a great experience for the kids to see the delta. We would have all our own boards/ jackets/ towels, rope etc. and be ready to go. I have a pretty nice '97 Malibu VLX, for what it is, so the kids are seasoned veterans on the boat and have pretty good boat etiquette. No messy snacks on the boat, no dark juices and so on. My wife is the only one that doesn't ride, but would be taking lots of pics. I would love to be out for 3-4 hours and get maybe 2 runs each for a total of 8, we don't take long runs that last for 30 minutes it would be like 10 minutes tops per run. Other than that the kids love to jump off the rear platform or just hang out and have a snack or play on a beach. They swim even when it is fairly cold water. I could do something like $100 plus gas money or whatever else you would need. I have had 2 lucky chances to ride the delta before and it is unlike any other place I have ridden and would love the chance to get out again. We would be in the area and looking to get out Friday-Sunday, March 27-29. Thanks
Old     (Caughtmyedge)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-09-2015, 7:37 PM Reply   
I live in Kansas and I don't have a boat but I sent a suggestion by pm.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-09-2015, 7:52 PM Reply   
I can probably get you guys out. I am supposed to work that weekend. Dont know if I am working the Saturday or not. I will find out in the next day or so. I will keep you posted. I have a 2014 MB B52 23wb. We can board or surf. Just one thing I wont be taking your money.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-09-2015, 8:16 PM Reply   
Don, you are seriously one of the nicest guys ever!
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-09-2015, 8:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
Don, you are seriously one of the nicest guys ever!
He really is, dude just have me brand new speaker sox with custom embroidery for my rev 10s when he upgraded to rev 10s....Awesome dude for sure, the boating community is lucky to have a guy like this as a part of it.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-09-2015, 9:23 PM Reply   
I agree.. thanks Don for thinking of others!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-10-2015, 7:30 AM Reply   
I have to agree with the Don comments on here. Got a message when he heard I will be in Cali at the end of the month to go ride but found out it's the other side of Cali. Can't wait to see his boat in person and the wake/wave this thing throws.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-10-2015, 4:05 PM Reply   
Thanks for the offer Don. It would be so awesome to get out for a few hours and have some fun. Let me know.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-10-2015, 6:07 PM Reply   
Ok I tatlked to my customer. I am not working on the saturday the 28. So i can take you guys out. PM me directly and we can exchange info.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-10-2015, 6:11 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I just like meeting people that are excited about the sport as I am. I just do whatever I can. It will be awesome to take some new people out on the Delta and let them experience it.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-10-2015, 8:18 PM Reply   
PM sent
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       03-11-2015, 10:49 AM Reply   
Don seems awesome!
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-11-2015, 4:29 PM Reply   
Thanks again. I just try to help out others. That is how I was brought up.

Red I know you just moved into Discovery Bay. We should meet up and go out sometime. We can go on my boat if you want.

Last edited by ktm525; 03-11-2015 at 4:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (ldeisel42)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-12-2015, 2:49 PM Reply   
This is what is best about this site! I am the same way Don, love meeting ppl in the sport. It is still relatively a small industry but the guys( and gals) that are able to get on the water love it!
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       03-12-2015, 3:07 PM Reply   
Don when ever I think I've seen you tow in a few times. Been really busy working on my hoyse but in Sunday it finally happened. And I ride rain or shine!
Attached Images

Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-12-2015, 5:25 PM Reply   
Sound good red. I am busy the next few weeks. After that I will hook up with you.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-13-2015, 1:21 PM Reply   
Im in the delta a few days a week and riding out of Whiskey Slough. I have a new 23' TWB and can get you all out as well. So hit Don or I up and we can get you out there and in the mix with some great people, riders and coaches.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-13-2015, 6:38 PM Reply   
Thanks for the offer Jason. It looks like Don will be able to get us out on the weekend, but if anything changes I will hit you up. Thanks
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-29-2015, 7:36 AM Reply   
Ok so we took Nick his wife Jackie and 3 kids Kali,Zoie and Lenny out yesterday. I gave them a tour of Old river, Vics, Twin, Ski Beach( yes we just drove by) and Railroads. Water condition weren't the best but definable ride-able. All I can say is if you get a chance to get out with Nick is to DO IT. He is an awesome person, fun to be around and rides VERY WELL. His 3's and inverts are on lock. Our family was blessed to be able to do this for them and we feel luck to have been a part of their cross country vacation. Their little one Lenny ( i am not sure of his age 5 ish) he killed it. He rode down 3/4 of one side of vics. We passed another boat just sitting there and they all started cheering for him while he was ridding. When he got back in the boat he was smiling and said did you hear the other boat yelling at me. It was awesome be apart of that and I am sure he will remember it for a long time. I am sure Nick will post on this when he gets back home. Today they are doing the Alcatraz thing then heading south to L.A.

Thanks Nick for letting us be a part of your adventure.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-29-2015, 9:50 AM Reply   
What an awesome time! These experiences are what boating is all about!
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       03-29-2015, 7:51 PM Reply   
That's awesome!
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-29-2015, 9:34 PM Reply   
Huge thanks to Don and Claire for letting us "tag along" and enjoy some good company.I will absolutely get some pics up when I get home and have some time. It has been a great trip so far with leaving hotels at 8 or so in the morning and getting back to a new one at 8 or so in the evening. My knees and leg muscles are sore, I have a mild sun burn and other places are sore that I didn't remember got sore... All signs of a great start to summer. Hope when I get home the lakes are ice free or very close, I won't be trunking it like I did on the Dirty D. The kids had a blast riding, swimming, and just enjoying the nice weather. If anyone is in Mid Western Minnesota this summer and needs a ride get a hold of me. I am set up more to host with kids and have some great activities to do, as a state park is only a mile away and there is quite a bit to do there.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-30-2015, 6:36 AM Reply   
Awesome to hear you connected and got to do some riding!

Trunking it... I think I recall the first time we rode when everyone else was in dry suits or thick wet suits. Talking about how you were "rusty", I remember 3's, inverts, and stylish grabs... pretty good for frigid water, trunks and being "rusty". ha ha!

Hit me up if your down in the Minneapolis area this summer.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-05-2015, 11:43 AM Reply   
Here is a link to some pictures my daughter took. Sorry I was driving and couldn't shoot pixs.
http://dcphotomania.smugmug.com/Nicks-Family-on-the-D/
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-07-2015, 3:50 PM Reply   
Great pics. Makes me want to get out on the water right now. The ice just came off the lake on Sunday and I also pulled the steering cable out. I hope to get the boat on the lift in 2 weekends. But it will be full wet suit for a while.