Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Other Water Sports

Old    billy_ray            01-07-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
has anyone heard anything about the new wego kite tube..its actually supposed to fly. Does anyone know where i can buy one in alberta..and how much they are selling for?
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-07-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
ebay its like 450 there also is one called the manta ray.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-07-2006, 4:50 PM Reply   
That thing is pretty cool for a tube/towable
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-07-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
keep us posted if you get one, I'm excitedly interested in that one too.
Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-08-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
I think the kite tube is going to blow the manta ray out of the water. Not sure but i believe they come out Jan. 20 . cant wait to try it out:-) check out this vid.

http://www.sportsstuff.com/towables/wego/movie.shtml
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-08-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
i saw that in wakeboarder too.
Old                02-06-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
Whats up guys, Im a designer at Sportsstuff and was heavily involved with the testing and design of the kite tube over the last year. I am also the Marketing manager (I actually did that photoshoot with Parks and WBM)

Anyway, I really wouldnt compare this too much with any other item. This isnt for multi rider use or anything, it is specifically for flying. The concept started almost ten years ago with our deck tubes, and has evolved into the current kite tube. We have had several riders "fly" our deck tubes, but they are nowhere as stable or efficient as the Wego. Also, it dosent take very long to get the hang of it, most riders fly on their first run. Guys like Bonifay are a given, but we also had an 205 pound intern from World Pub on that same shoot that flew just as well in less than 10 minutes.

Its definatly a neat item, it will be interesting to see what everyone thinks of it come summer.
Old                02-07-2006, 11:51 PM Reply   
Hey Victor - Great vid by the way. Just curious if you could give me the info on the music that you all used for the vid. My friends and I are in the midst of buying one and would like to put some awesome music to our own vid that we make every summer. Please let me know if possible. Thanks!!!
Old                03-17-2006, 8:39 PM Reply   
think you guys are overeacting. just got to take it slow at first, ease into it. 100' rope might be a bit much though.
Old                04-10-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Im not really sure about the exact title and composer, but I know that when the video was being produced we had a huge binder of soundtracks to choose from. I believe that the music that is on our video is by the same composer that did the soundtrack from the reality boxing show "The Contender".

I would also not recommend using anything longer than the supplied 65' rope.