Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (supra_21v)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-28-2015, 3:04 PM Reply   
I am running 6 6.5" Wetsounds in the boat, 4 on the tower, and a 12" Kicker sub. My current setup is a Kenwood that only has an iPhone 4 connection and USB port. It doesn't have a line in option and the USB will only play thumb drives. The screen has faded out so its time to upgrade. I would like to upgrade to one that has the iPhone 5/6 connection, aux in, and bluetooth. I have looked at some options but would like to know what people on here have been happy with. I would like to keep it under $400 if that's possible. Thanks.
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       06-28-2015, 3:24 PM Reply   
I am getting to the opinion that less is more, and going with an Exile or Wetsounds EQ as a replacement is simplification and less chance for noise introduction.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-28-2015, 4:45 PM Reply   
I sell a lot of Clarion M303's in my shop. They have AM/FM/CD/Bluetooth/AUX/USB, and the board is coated. Also has front/rear preouts with the rear switchable to sub.
Old     (TTyler89)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-28-2015, 7:50 PM Reply   
Ive been really impressed with our Fusion unit and 2 wired remotes. The unit itself is built really well compared to most other units ive seen.
Old     (brodee42)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-29-2015, 9:00 AM Reply   
I just installed a new Clarion M505 and couldn't be happier. USB/Aux on the front of the head unit and Bluetooth works flawlessly!!

Best part is the wireless remote. I use it instead of re-wiring a new remote.

Good luck!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-29-2015, 6:30 PM Reply   
Exile has a new unit coming out that replaces the head unit. Think its up on Facebook. As soon as it hits I am ordering one. Unless you like listening to the radio it seems the way to go. Maybe Brian will chime in.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-30-2015, 6:27 AM Reply   
Here it is.
Attached Images

Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-30-2015, 6:36 AM Reply   
Skip the hu. Go straight 420sq. Way better! Hu was always the weak link in my stereo. Not any more.
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       06-30-2015, 7:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
Here it is.
Looks like a transom remote? Is it water proof? Curious what the measurements are? I would replace my clarion transom remote and head unit, put this in place of the transom remote to deal with the ugly hole and rip my m502 unit out and put the 420sq in its place.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-30-2015, 9:36 AM Reply   
Yeah I am hoping the same thing!! I would pull out the stupid clarion remote as well.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-30-2015, 9:52 AM Reply   
Clarke - Heres some info for you

The Exile Media Center is an alternative to a deck. It's part of a kit that comes with the EXMC (whats pictured) and the EXDZ (dual zone controller). It's basically a great alternative to the traditional Deck head unit.

- AVRCP Track control
- Volume adjustment
- BT4.0 LE compliant with APTX codecs
- IPX67 water rating sealed chassis
- Bezel mount
- Remote trigger output
- Slave Remote trigger input
- 2.2V output
- 2 zone fader controller

Media Center-

2 zone fader -

These two devices can be used separately or together or combined with the Exile preamp EQ (ZLD) for maximum zone control. Decks are a thing of the past. The media center uses the exact same circuit that our stand alone BT uses. Mounted in the dash the user will enjoy a very LONG LONG syncing range. 100ft+

-Brian / Exile