Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-01-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
Christmas is still coming...
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-01-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
Looks like it got nuked, I was checking my emails and it didnt seem too bad either. A couple of people complaining, but it did not go completly hay-wire (SP?).
Anyone else know?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-01-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
i don't know if a new one will open or not, but i think a new one was in store anyway (regardless of complaints, whining, biting, fighting, etc.) considering the size of the thread that is
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-01-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
It got nuked, a few people didn't follow the rules and ruined it for all.
Old    murrayair            12-01-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
I think a new one should be started. I still have some stuff I want to give away.
Old     (kristin_ware)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-01-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
That too bad I still have a trampoline to get rid of, everything else is already gone. To make room for a swingset. Hopefully if they do another one someone wont ruin it.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-01-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
I agree. I feel that sometimes people get a little nuke happy, yea its good to keep it to what the thread is inteded for, but nuking it becuase a couple of people get lost... I feel that it doesnt mean that we should have to all go ba-hum-bug
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-01-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
Does anybody have a copy of the rules? If we do lets start it with that again. Kristin and Mark, I think that it would be well recieved to start it off right with throwing up some stuff. I would be able to throw up some sticker packs and a Hyperlite CD case.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-01-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
I already gave away a wakeskate, hasnt shipped yet, next week...but im sure i could throw some more stuff up...havent recieved anything yet, but by NO MEANS am i complaining!!
Old     (kristin_ware)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-01-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
Start it and I will repost a pic of the trampoline, and some misc fins.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-01-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
I would, I just dont have the rules... Maybe Joe can help us out with this.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-01-2007, 10:27 AM Reply   
People If you want a Christmas Giveaway thread then Start one!!!!!!!!!! No need to wait for Joe to Start it.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-01-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
Lets do it guys, i just rounded up a couple more things i could go without!
Old     (legalize420)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-01-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
I got called out last night for asking for something that was already gone. I just missed the post when the giver told us it was gone. I apologized after but I didn't think it was a big deal. Hope I wasn't part of the reason for closing it. I was surprised but it didn't seem like there were very many people out of line...
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-01-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
a mini version off the top of my head....

1) Don't Ask if Anybody has something. Gotta Roll with what's posted.
2) No Stupid "Aw..i missed it" posts
3) Take Something -> Give Something
4) Shipping is up to the person who posted the item. Negotiate it out if ya gotta.
5)Wake related items
6) (Mine) This thread is out there for generous people to get out and share what they've got with the rest of the WW community. Lets not get all whiney about stuff, threads like seem to sort themselves out. If everybody's generosity is getting taken advantage of, then who's going to post up new stuff? Have fun with a great idea, and lets keep it goin'! Merry Christmas y'all!
Old     (epic_peachland)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-01-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
I still have to post up my stuff. I think we can police this ourselves. If people are not following in the spirit of the thing. Just make sure no one gives them anything. Those that truly understand the thread can enjoy it.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-01-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
Brandon, i definitely don't think it was your fault. Nothing wrong with asking if somethings still there. How would you find out otherwise? I kept an eye on it, and it was crazy how stuff would be posted, INSTANTLY be claimed...and then nothing would be reposted up after. Thats why it happened. Joe stuck true to his word on it. Thread started fallin apart, and he toasted it. Lets keep this one goin! And somebody throw Mr. Chalupa a bone here, he tossed up a wakeskate! You da man Eder. Been boardin' in minnesota a few times too myself.

(Message edited by hawkeye7708 on December 01, 2007)
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-01-2007, 1:09 PM Reply   
Haha, hey thanks ben for the props! But like we said, its out of generosity so lets keep it like that. And the 'giver' should be allowed to determine if they will let their item go to a certain individual in the terms that the 'individual' calling dibs on their item posts something of similar value, again no boards for stickers , and also be able to say no to someone if the person calling dibs on their item has already received various things from the thread and only posted up one item...see what im saying...you give and you get, you give and you get, Happy Holidays, lets start it up again and and enjoy giving if you can!
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-01-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
yeah i havent gotten involved since i dont have much to give but i had been keeping up and i think its pretty sad the thread didnt even make it to december. I think there were too many people who were laying dibs on items who would not give anything up, ex "im calling dibs on that comp vest, let me see what i can post up later", or people who were giving stickers and claiming multiple items. people have to remember that its the christmas GIVEAWAY thread, not the take advantage of people trying to be generous thread. its a great idea and im sure it could flourish if people respect the rules and each other.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-01-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
Well here we go. I've got a Jet Pilot "I Ride Like Murray" shirt. The right shoulder has a fade over the stitching that was there when i bought it. I've never worn it. Size Large. To get item, must post another item. Thanks! I'll catch shipping. Happy Holidays ya'll! Upload
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-01-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
Hey Ben Ill follow. I have an accurate Handle Case to give away. Post an item to receive as well. Ill take care of shipping. PM me im on my way to work so i wont be back until tonight.
Old     (kristin_ware)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-01-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
We have a trampoline posted in the original thread, if nobody claims it someone had asked for the pad, that would be alot cheaper to ship. If you want the whole trampoline its for local pick up only. Also I have a size 9 pair of Lost board shorts green/black short in length. I will cover shipping for those to the 50 states. Upload
Old     (kristin_ware)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-01-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
Hey Edgar how big is your handle case, we gave the one away on the xmas thread b/c our handle wouldnt fit. We have the accurate carbon fiber handle, will it fit?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-01-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
I think this might work a lil better....
Old     (kristin_ware)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-01-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
I will post a pic of the board shorts if anyone is interested.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-01-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
I'll take the Murray shirt.
I have a set of 1.25 rail fins (from an Obrien board), new
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-01-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
Ty & Mike your items were shipped today!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-01-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
Robot, got your PM, and i'll oughta have that in the mail Monday! Merry Christmas! And thanks for Re-Posting!
Old     (liquidforce567)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-01-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
hey guys start a new officiall thread. One with a catchy name so we can get everyone back into it. If your post hasnt been claimed repost it in that new thread. If you make a new thread ill post up some bindings. If not ill put it in here next week
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-01-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
Kristin, my handle case will fit an accurate handle and rope snugly. It came with my carbon fiber parks handle. PM me if interested!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-01-2007, 6:18 PM Reply   
HEY LOOK AT "CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY THREAD" NOW FOR THE ITEMS. I TRANSFERRED THE TRAMPOLINE, EDER's HANDLE, AND ROBOT's FINS OVER THERE. THANKS EVERYBODY!
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-01-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
sweet dude