Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jamesruberti)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-26-2012, 8:45 AM Reply   
Hey guys,
I am looking for a new setup for 2013. I want a board with a lot of pop, strong edge, and soft landings. I am interested in the 2013 Harley setup or 2012 Ronix Bill setup. I am a boat rider. I would appreciate anyone's opinion or if they know of another board that is great behind boat.
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-27-2012, 3:50 AM Reply   
Love the Harley but I didn't feel the landings are super soft. I switched to a flex board that had everything I liked about the Harley except for the landings were much softer.
Old     (jamesruberti)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-27-2012, 4:37 AM Reply   
Thanks Tory.
What board do you have?
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       11-27-2012, 7:05 AM Reply   
I had the Harley too and loved everything about it except the landings. Really harsh. Knee problems for three months. I switch to the 2013 HL Marek and no more knee problems.
Old     (jamesruberti)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-27-2012, 9:35 AM Reply   
How is the pop on the marek?
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-27-2012, 10:53 AM Reply   
I have the '12 marek (same shape) pops nice. Pretty abrupt for a continuous and the landings are great. Really mellow. It's fast and carries a lot of speed.
Old     (Sugashane)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-27-2012, 8:44 PM Reply   
I've been looking for a new setup too. I'm looking for a fast, loose board that is easy to ride. Any body ridden the Murray board? Thinking about it or a Watson
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-28-2012, 1:02 AM Reply   
Sugashane I put .8's on my marek. It's pretty loose. I love it. But gotta be careful it definitely can catch some nasty edges.
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-28-2012, 1:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesruberti View Post
Thanks Tory.
What board do you have?
I ride a SS Shredtown.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-28-2012, 3:32 AM Reply   
My boy is stoked with his 'Harley'.
Attached Images

Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-28-2012, 8:44 AM Reply   
not sure this is relevant, hope u dont mind my opinion but i have and love the parks board, and a friend just bought a ronix board and said he was blown away at all around performance and soft landings, i think i am gonna get new one board this year, looks sick, pearl white top and overtons had the blue gray and carbon fiber one boots mounted to it and it looked absolutely sick, for what its worth i love my parks and could see a huge diff after switching from liquid force and cwb boards, but as always personal preference varies from person to person
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       11-28-2012, 3:49 PM Reply   
The 2013 marek has great pop and the landings are quite nice. I also am getting shorter fins to hopefully loosen up the ride a little. Other than that it is great.
Old     (Sugashane)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-01-2012, 6:10 PM Reply   
Rode the 2013 Harley today. I did like it. Tons of pop. A little slower than I would like but I think I could live with it. Rode the Murray too. Little less pop but fast. Now I got to decide between the two.
Old     (anketell3)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-03-2012, 12:37 PM Reply   
Hello James,
I Really like the Hyperlite Murray Nova, its a great board and has nice easy landings and consistent pop off the wake. I would try out that board in the summer and se how you like it, maybe you could ask one of your friends to try it if they have it.
Old     (TBell)      Join Date: May 2011       12-07-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
The Obrien Contra is something you should consider! Due to the thin profile and small fins, when you set that edge it'll hold! The three stage is huge and kicks you high, but the sight flex in the board due to the fusion core helps soften the landings. That slight flex also helps you "snap" off the wake, and the triple concave on the bottom gives you great speed to the wake!
Old     (mikpress33)      Join Date: Mar 2012       12-10-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
not sure if hyperlite still makes the b-side, but i've ridden it behind the boat and it's a great board. rides fast enough, clean release off the wake, and pops realllly nice. if you don't mind buying a 2011 or 2012 board go for it.