Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-08-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
Ski Centurion is making some changes in the industry, apparently MC of Seattle, Spokane and Salt Lake have asked for Centurion and got it... Feel sorry for the other dealers that got axed...

(Message edited by supra on January 08, 2010)
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2010, 3:29 PM Reply   
I'm trying to remember who the dealer in Spokane is. They used to be next to Alpine Haus & Olympic Boats in the Valley. But I don't think I've seen any boats there for some time.

Hey Dan,
Now you'll have to chose between the X-25 & Enzo! ;)
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-08-2010, 3:43 PM Reply   
Carstens was the dealer, the also have Crownline..
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-08-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
I am interested to see how a all exclusive single line store is going to handle picking up another line. The funniest part is that the old Centurion dealer Carstens, is right across from the MC guys at our boat show.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2010, 4:23 PM Reply   
Funny for who, Bret? The Utah Watersports guys for scooping Centurion? Carstens for being the "victim"? Or all of us as spectators of the mayhem?

Should be interesting alright. The store looks like an MC factory outlet right now. Guess that will change? Or maybe they will add to the building?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-08-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
Carstens lost centurion? Strange?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-08-2010, 5:00 PM Reply   
I can't wait for the spokane boat show! Hopefully they have a lot of boats!
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-08-2010, 6:28 PM Reply   
mmmmm I don't think Utah "scooped" anything. The way I heard it Centurion asked them to be a dealer. Centurion is making some moves, I'd expect some more in the near future.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-08-2010, 7:12 PM Reply   
Not that they have a say, but I can't see MC being too happy about that. I'm glad I made the decision last year to start having my MC serviced at Bret's dealership.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-09-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
As far as I know, M&M Watersports (Springville)is still the dealer for Centurion. If Utah Watersports (MC dealership) were to pick it up that would be two dealers selling whithin oh say 30-40 miles of each other.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-09-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
This goes to prove that large Single Point boat stores are very hard to keep open. I could only imagine how things would be if we just had one line. I hope that this helps them weather the hard times and expand the boating seen in our area.
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-09-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
If I only had one line and the line I had was in trouble I would have a backup plan. I have heard both lines might/might not make it. On the other hand, you would have to put one brand down to sell the other. They are both good lines and they both have there pros/cons. I hate to see the big guys take out the little ones. The big guys have alot of overhead and the prices are going to go with that. Good luck to the MOM/POP shops!