Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-21-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
Can you buy fly high quick disconnect fittings so you can plumb a Straight Line Launch pad into an existing ballast system? If so where can I get those fittings?
Thanks
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-21-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
as far as I know u gotta buy them from fly high or a dealer. Not sure if they will screw into the straight line bags??

When I built my own pump to use with the fly high bags, I had to order most fo the parts directly from fly high. I was told fly high had specific parts ( fittings) made just for them.
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-21-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
Diggs -

Don't know for sure if you can do that, but I would assume that you can go to like Ace Hardware or Newberg Hardware (pretty much have every fitting i have ever needed that other stores don't carry) and get fittings that will let you do the cross over.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-21-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
Tyler if you are going from a waterbed type connection I think you can use one of these:
http://www.wakeboarder.com/products_info.php?products_id=2458

And then you will need to get one of these to connect your regular disconnect:
http://www.wakeboarder.com/products_info.php?products_id=2454
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-21-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
Tyler,
There are a couple options depending on the Launch Pad bags you have. If you are looking to integrate using the link valve you will need the Launch Pad Link 3/4" Thread Adapter and the Fly high W736. By using these two fittings together you will quick connect into your Supra factory system. If they are the older style sacs with the water bed fittings you will need to stop by home depot and buy 3/4" hose barb union fittings. Put one end into the sac and hose clamp it. Take the red and black W742 fitting out of the factory ballast hose and hose clamp it onto the other side of the hose barb. If you have anymore questions come down to AWS in Oregon City and I can show you.

spencer@wakemakers.com
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-21-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
Sorry Spencer. I totally forgot that you were doing this too. Great resource right in our backyard. I will be bringing the boat over this week. If you are around I'd like to get your input about adding a bag to our VLX for surfing on the port side.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-21-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
Here is what you need if you have the water bed style. It's a 3/4 Qwil-Lock x 3/4 barb. It will clamp in the sac and mate with the factory Fly High quick-conn

https://www.flow-rite.com/flowrite-store/product/connectors-adaptors/adapter-34-inch-qwik-lok-insert-34-inch-barbed-insert
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-22-2009, 7:11 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.
Tige Mike and Spencer,
It is the old style water bed opening.
If I just purchase 2 (2 for each bag) of the adapters that tigemike put a link to then I can just insert them into the bag and put a hose clamp on them and I am done?
Is it that easy?
Spencer do you carry these or should I use the link above?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-22-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
Pretty much, that's it. I would recommend a little bit of 3M 4200 on the barbed fitting before inserting into the sac fitting, adds a little insurance of a tight, leak-free connection.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-22-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
Diggs - DO NOT get the blue waterbed adapter. They are trash and should be thrown away. The threads on the LaunchPad sacs are not strong enough, the fittings will leak constantly and if you ever try and move the sac around or ANYTHING, it can come off completey, letting out LOTS of water.

If you really want, use the barbs Spencer is talking about and GLUE them into the sac. Then hose clamp the hose onto the fitting (so it's removable).

Personally though, I got REALLY sick of the Launch Pads so I moved up to FlyHigh and have had zero worries or incidents.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-22-2009, 9:16 AM Reply   
I only have the 1" fittings right now. I didn't even think about using the 3/4" fittings for this application. I have some on order. I will have them next week. Thanks TigeMike. Happy Holidays.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-22-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
Cool. Thanks all you guys! I will either order some myself or stop in to AWS and chat with you Spencer.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-22-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
^^^ No Prob, happy to share. There's been a couple things i've ordered direct from Flow-Rite just to make the installs a little cleaner and more functional.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-27-2009, 8:45 PM Reply   
With a heat gun you can get the 1" fittings in there!