Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-30-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
Trying to clean up the goofy side on a supra 24 ssv. So far with the front bag filled (about 1100lbs.) and the starboard rear full (about 450lbs?) the wake is big but the pocket is really short. running 10-11mph.
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-30-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
try the moomba forum
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-30-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
Have you tried setting your trim tab down?
Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-30-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
yep, a little better with the tab down. I'm just kinda worried, because on a deep lake the pocket was really short, and normally we ride on the upper Mississippi, so the average depth wont be that great. First trip with the surf board on the river will be tomorrow so well see.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-01-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
trim tab up on mine made a huge difference. Try running at 12.0 also. Anything under that and I couldn't ride without the rope.
Old     (suprasurf)      Join Date: May 2009       06-01-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
I have 750 lbs in the rear locker and the 1100 lbs in the center but also put 400 in the front of the boat, I surf goofy and the wave and pocket is pretty good, maybe try that.
Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-01-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
Well Sunday was a bust, it was so blown out and so many rollers from big boats that it was hard to tell. I need to try the faster/plate up combo because when we speed up with the plate down, the pocket will move back, but the wave got to small to give much drive. I'm thinking I need a good mix between bow weight and plate now. Also the current was pretty fast on the Illinois and the Mississippi rivers, and I have no IDEA how much that changes the wave. I was having better luck upstream at 11.7 on the perfect pass, but my brother seemed to like about 10.5 downstream.

(Also on friday we are going to try the regular side. Our normal crew is all goofy, but I'd assume that it is easier to get a good regular wave on this boat because of the prop rotation. Might be a good time to practice riding switch or heelside!)

Jay, how was the wave after switching to the 750 in back? I'm trying to avoid adding a ton of extra weight, and not having bags laying around would be a plus. With the 750, did you NEED the 400 up front?
Old     (suprasurf)      Join Date: May 2009       06-02-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
I still use the 400 up front with the 750. The 750 will fit in the rear locker no problem. I just took out the 400 pound bags in the rear lockers and put in the 750.