Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (gvanorde)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-23-2005, 10:40 PM Reply   
Was out on the lake a few weeks ago and left the boat moored in the lake during our morning and afternoon sets. When I went out that afternoon, the speakers started to le. I immediately checked the auto bilge pump and it was "OFF". I looked behind the passanger seat and the amps were in water. The bilge pump got rid of the water in about 10 minutes. I checked all the ballast hoses and found one backfilling. My guess is that a check valve has failed. Where do I find the checkvalves and are they easy to replace?
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-24-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
Are you running hard tanks or fat sacks?

I am not picturing how a failed check valve failure alone would get water into the bilge. I can see it filling the ballast tank/bag, but it should be limited to the volume of the tank.

I highly recommend that you modify your system so that you are not relying on a check valve. They will leak. Any fitting that comes up from the bottom of the boat should have a good quality shut off valve on it. Fitting on the side of the boat (for pump discharge) should be well above the water line .

Old     (gvanorde)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-30-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
Rod, I use soft sacs and it obviously leaked. The x-star has 3 shut off valves, one for each tank and for the sac in the keel. I just never used them. I will now. I also have to replace that check valve and potentially the whole bag and hoses.