Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-27-2007, 7:37 AM Reply   
I'm thinking about getting one of these for connecting my ipod to the stereo in my boat. Can anyone give me the pros and cons to this unit? I think I read that the volume can be adjusted at the HU and the unit itself has a volume control to allow you to adjust for or callibrate with stereo to get the best possible clean sound. Thanks

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=149006
Old     (elleduke)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-27-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
I am not a big fan of the FM transmitters. If you can hardwire with rca's the sound will be much better. The FM transmitters are a hit or miss. I have a monster cable adapter in my wife's car and it sucks, but I have the DLO dock in my rig and it works 100x better. I installed the Clarion I-Pod controller in my boat and I think it works great.
Old     (rooter)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-27-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
You don't need an FM transmitter for this Belkin device as it has a 3.5mm audio-out. So if you have an Aux in on your HU you are good to go. If not look at the Harman Kardon Drive Play (http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/default_dp1.aspx) with the optional FM wired hookup (plugs directly into the back of the HU Antenna connector). I have both of these and they both work very very good. One in my truck and one in my boat.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-27-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
Robo, I do have the RCA input on the back of the HU and was going to run an RCA cable from the Belkin to the HU. I'm not even considering an FM transmitter. Just basically wanting how the unit performs as far as clarity of sound, volume and ease of use. Thanks.
Old     (rooter)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-27-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
Just go to radio shack and get a 3.5mm audio to RCA cable. Sound quality is good (as good as you can get with an IPOD) unless you want to put an inline-amp to improve the audio level.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-02-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
When you connect to the IPOD through the botton connector I believe that you get the typical "LINE OUT" signal, which is independant of the volume control on the IPOD itself.

If you connect to the earphone jack on the top then the IPOD can control the volume.

Your preference.

Rod
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-02-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
as Robo said RCA to Headphone jack. Cost you $10 and is way better then the FM BS.
Old     (orlandonewbie)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-02-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
Has anyone tried to get behind the cd player in an 04 Wakesetter VLX? Looks like it would be tough to get to tucked away under the drivers arm rest. Any suggestions?