Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-12-2009, 4:00 PM Reply   
Ok, I have two rule livewell pumps, one 2000gph & one 3800gph. Would you rather have faster fill or drain time? With these pumps it won't be slow what ever direction I go ( Only about 2200 lbs worth of sac's) Let's hear it!
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-12-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
faster fill. Nothing worse than getting across the lake, picking a good spot and line with butter, then some a-hole comes and steals it while your waiting on ballast to fill.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-12-2009, 10:30 PM Reply   
Good point!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-13-2009, 12:47 AM Reply   
faster fill +1

and remember when you fill you are fighting gravity... you've got to get the water up and into the boat and then push all that water to the bagss....
if you're using 2" hose there will be ~32 lbs of water ever 54" of hose...thats a lot of weight for the pump to move at once.

if you design the system right you can use gravity to help you empty the bags should want to empty due to gravtiy then you stick the pump at the lowerst point and then it just has to move it up and over the boat
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-13-2009, 9:06 AM Reply   
On the intake it's a 1-1/4" scruper & I was going for a pumpless system when I started plumbing to fill on the fly. Decided to use a pump instead. The lift is only about 2' to the top feed of the bags in the back, All the drains (1" )will gravity feed down to the pump with the outlet in the back The bow sac will be the furthest away @ 19' or so , Still only a 3' rise to the top feed. Should work ok! I just hope I can afford to use it after it's done.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-15-2009, 6:27 PM Reply   
Every crew I have been with is more excited to ride than to head back to the dock! +1 faster fill.
Old     (lakebum14)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-15-2009, 8:45 PM Reply   
Need Help!
I need some advice on how to wire a simer pump to a ballast switch.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-16-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
Faster fill.

Jonathan, do you have 3 wires on the pump? the center terminal on the switch is usually the ground.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-16-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
Faster fill, its no biggie waiting to drain but waiting to fill is brutal.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-21-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
OK, I reconfigured my piping to fill & drain the back bags off the 3800 & use the 2000 for up front for the bow bag & center ski locker!
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-23-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
Well the drain time for the back bags is about 5 min for 105 gal worth of water, Thats only about 1300 gph fo a 3800 pump.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-30-2009, 5:30 PM Reply   
Ok, I reworked the piping again . Here are the #'s just for information. The drain time with the rule 3800 is 3.36 min for 110 gal / 33.33 gpm or 1999.8 gph ! Still the rated flow of the pump but it's about all I can get out of the back sac's .. I still have one more 1" threaded fitting to drain the center locker. So, If the pump will pump more then it should handle the added 400 lb bag as the restriction is at the bag fitting.

(Message edited by o-town_dave on December 30, 2009)
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-31-2009, 6:51 AM Reply   
ok been reading this post for a wile thought i would chime in.when you reduce pipe size you increase velocity flow is not lost.rulu is to increase flow you need to increase intake side if you double intake side you increase volume 4 times
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       12-31-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
I think I have a differing opinion than everyone else. I understand wanting to get out and riding as quick as possible, but really, how quickly can you get the boat in the water, trailer put up, drive back to the dock, pick up the peeps, and then idle out of the no wake zone?

For me, that would take, at a minimum, almost 10 minutes. Surely I could get it down to 5 or so, if it is just me and one other person. But by the time you get the rope out, one person suited up, your still at the 10+ minute mark.

Not sure if were just talking about the super sacked out systems (2K plus), but for my stock 1000 and change ballast in my SAN, it only takes about 8-9 minutes to fill (stock fill pumps). It takes even less if your actually moving at any speed.

I just flip the switch as soon as the boat gets wet, and 99 times out of a 100, by the time the first rider is ready, it's pouring out the overflow.

For me, the empty time is the most important. It always seems the case that when your ready to leave, you want to get out asap. You've dropped your people off, your buddy has the truck and depending on how busy the ramp is, you might be ready to trailer it in 5 mins. On our ramp, it is a must to empty the tanks out first...that is unless you have a tractor. Our ramp sucks BTW.

Just my .02

Cheers!