Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-17-2010, 3:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
Gotit, the 24Ve has smaller area under seat, definitely. I am working on a custom sac for the RZ2 to take up max space.
Are you taking the cooler out on the goofy side for max space? It's worthless as a cooler but great for a trash can but I think your boat has trash can now.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2010, 3:54 PM Reply   
Nah, I like it there for practical reasons. I am going to try to get the biggest sac and leave there and see where I end up.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-17-2010, 4:40 PM Reply   
ragboy what ballast does your rz2 have
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-17-2010, 5:05 PM Reply   
Seriously guys, if you didnt actually design the boats in question, there is no reason for you t take it as a personal insult if a person doesnt agree with you, ie, politics, religion, cars, houses, paper v plastic, etc. This forum (and most on WW after a few posts) seem to fall into the slinging crap at one brand or another, instead of just talking up the set-up you have. We all buy boats for different reasons, and the explanation of those reasons (ie ragboy), need to matter to the person buying and the person who owns the boat, but not me. I own a nautique, which is a great wakeboard boat, and I have done all I can to make it a good surf boat. By no means do I need to slam any other boats wake for either sport. The questions I have asked have always been for advice to improve, yet most of the time I get the recommendation to buy a different brand. ReallY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? If that is all you can say, you really dont,
1) Understand how to help people effectively,
2) Understand the dynamics behind wake building/hydrodynamics to the point that you think you do (If you did you could offer constructive advice, not build you brand by putting others down)
3) Realize that other people may have other needs in life than only to make the best wake in the history of the sport.

People who can surf, wakeboard, ski, etc. can do much more with much less than the average person. If you NEED the huge wake and cant surf without it, that probably says more about your talent level and less about the boat you ride behind.

Just my 0.02, but it would be nice to see positive posts instead of the constant negative ones. We still do have a while before the next presidential election when we have no choice to watch them on TV!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2010, 5:36 PM Reply   
@brendan I have the PRO ballast system from tige, 2000lbs total, 400 on each side up front and 250 in rear hull tanks that are all the way in the corner, and then 2 350 sacs above them. We supplement the 350 and have found that we get a good wake stuff if you have enough people on board, but a great wake with the stock system but add another 400lbs or so on the rear surf side. We call that our "daily" weight. In other words safe in most conditions, not overloading the boat, good meaty wake. It takes more weight than that, more like what duffy described above for the 22v to get something more nasty, or like the day we did the epic break in day. Its important for me, to not only have a good size wake, because we host pros and other very good surfers that want more than just stock, but that it is easy to make, and easy to go from side to side quickly. We have hosted so many people this summer, at least 10 families, and then demos and pro sessions. Its amazing, and incredibly fun for my family/wake9. The Wakeshredder crew is coming up again tonight to surf tomorrow, and then the Wolters are up on thursday to surf friday. All of those times, we not only have to switch side to side, but quickly adjust the weight to appeal to surf riders, and skim riders. Surf riders like a steeper wake with a solid lip and a nice transition especially for getting into orbit. Skim riders like Sean like the wake less steep, more flattened down for their style of riding.

So we setup so that we have taps at like 6 or 7 for the surf riders, and then 1-3 for skim riders to taste. I still have to find that setup on my RZ2 so that I have that range without moving weight, only setting taps, but will get there soon. The tinkering is part of the fun and Duffy's setup for the 22v gives me some more good info.
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       08-17-2010, 10:29 PM Reply   
Wow! This thread does not preach the real true vibe of wake surfing! Surf Gods please steer my brothas back to the origin which we all know is about peace and love and good happening stuff! As this post was long. I read it before going to bed and will go to sleep disturbed. Surf Gods pleas here my prayer.

Good Night My Brothas,
Wheelhouse Out
"Shred Your Face Off"
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       08-18-2010, 6:48 AM Reply   
Some of the people who posted on this thread are Forces in Wakesurfing. The passion level is high. Imagine what cold be accomplished together.
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-18-2010, 7:02 AM Reply   
^^^^^

What he said. Very good point.

T
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-18-2010, 7:03 AM Reply   
Stanley-You are correct on all accounts my bro!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-18-2010, 2:32 PM Reply   
Stanley-The gods have answered your prayers