Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-18-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
As I sat there and enjoyed an after wakeboarding beer, watching the salt water drip onto the floor of my garage from the snapout carpet I removed from my new Nautique, I thought to myself, how did I ever live without snapout carpet before. My new opinion is that all wakeboarding boats should be made with snapout carpet.

(Message edited by Monkey on September 18, 2007)
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-18-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
I've always wanted snapout in mine
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-18-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
As I sat there in the garage with my carpet still glued down after two months on the water I realized how much less my boat smelled than my brother-in-laws with his snapout carpet when it was in the garage. My opinion is that all wakeboarding boats should have glued in carpet.
Now, a salt water boat might be drastically different so I am glad you can enjoy the beer. Upload
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-18-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
I just like the fact that you can take it out and do the ole deep cleanin' on it
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-18-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
OK then, beer rules! Especially the homebrew I just made.

http://homebrewmart.com/
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
So its is better to have carpet glued into the boat so you can't remove it and get ride of the nasty smell.

Go figure
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-18-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
yup, and Beer Rules!
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-18-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
And if someone happens to spill beer in my boat, I can snap the carpet out, spray it down in the driveway, and hang it in the sun to dry, but still cover the boat and put it back in storage gotcha!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-18-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
If someone spills a beer in the boat they'll be swimming home... thats alcohol abuse and we dont tolerate it on our boat.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
If people don't spill beer in my boat they clearly haven't had enough to drink so I pass em another. I'm totally anal so I use a really good steam cleaner after every few trips out and I literally keep my cleaning products on the boat so I can clean the seats when I'm out and after. I know it's kind of an oxymoron but whatever it's how I get by.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-18-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
Glued carpet SUCKS-now beer is good
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-20-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
some one spills beer in my boat I SNAP....period...
snap out is better..I have it in my bow...
as I watched my buddy dump a glass of port...as he looked at his watch for the time..yes...we were drinking port...after many beers...and a cold fall session it was lovely! highly recom'd
so no comments! had the carpet not been snap out...it would have made on heck of a lifelong stain!
Same with my buddies xstar...things get messy...simply snap out and rinse...no trips to teh car wash to power wash the entire boat
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-20-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
My 00 Superair has glue in carpet and it doesn't smell if I leave it uncovered in garage to dry out. My new 236 carpet snaps out and after hanging dry it smells like crap. I think it has todo with the rubber backing on the snap in. All smells aside I love being able to snap it out
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-25-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
We were in Havasu over the weekend when my large breed dog decided to take a large breed dump in the middle of the boat. Luckily he picked the small piece of carpet over the ski locker. We through him and the carpet overboard. He needed to cool off.

Hint, don't drink the water
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-25-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
Another reason for carrying beer.Upload

I don't have a dog and my kids are old enough now... so I still like my non smelly carpet.