Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-05-2007, 8:45 PM Reply   
I have been reading a lot of old posts about the pro audio tower speakers. In one lengthy post, it was discussed how the only way you can get great sound back to the rider without blasting the interior of the boat is through HLCD tower speakers. The NVS addictions and Pro485's were mentioned as great for accomplishing this. The pro 80's were said to also be HLCD, but there was some disagreement as to whether they were capable of achieving the same goal of getting the sound to the rider without flooding the boat.
I am looking at getting 2 pro80's, and am wondering what others that own them think of them. Do you still need ear plugs with the pro80's running all out?
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2007, 9:04 PM Reply   
all i can say are that mine are hella loud and you can definately blanket the lake with whatever music you want if you have them :-)
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-05-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
How is the volume in the drivers seat and back seat when they are at a level the rider can enjoy?
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
I have an XTI which has the lounge seating in the back - its VERY loud in the lounge, not too bad on the driver though. My girlfriend hates my pro 80s. haha.
Old     (suprasteve)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-06-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
You have to be realistic here....if your gonna have the tunes blaring so that your rider can hear them, of course the cockpit/loungeing area of your boat is going to hear it. With the pro80's/485's, their designed to project the sound long/far. It's quite interesting how simply putting up your bimini, really can lessen the sound in the cockpit/lounging area.

And whatever you do...don't stand directly in front of them with music still blaring or you'll prolly never get to hear them again!!! hahah!!
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
Anyone else have an opinion that has the pro80s? What amp are you using to power the pair?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-06-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
Darin,

e mail me your address and i can get you in touch with one of our dealers near you. That way you can demo a pair. twhite@wetsounds.com

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-06-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
Well I have 4 pro60's (smaller pro80 basically) and they are LOUD. I love them because they are smaller and don't hang down as far but are still plenty loud for me to hear clearly riding.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-06-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
Tim,

Can you set something up for me also, my wife and I are pretty much ready to spend the money for a pair of pro80s but I think she would definitely like to see them in action first. Will send you an e-mail
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-06-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
Although I don't have Pro-80's, we utilized the fader on my EQ to move between the hull speakers and the tower. It is nice when you are playing for the rider, without blowing out your peeps on the interior. SupraSteve is right, the Bimini really tones it down for the driver.
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-06-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
I have 4 Pro-80's. I've also got a tower that sits over my rear seat so being super loud in the boat is not an issue like it is for Clayton's xti as he mentioned above. I can see how that could be a problem. I can't stand to have them up loud when I'm on the swim platform. They sound cool turned down and you're right in they're path, but loud they're a little bright.. They're definitely efficient and designed to project. Now when I'm in the boat, the tower speakers actually fill out a lot of midrange nicely. Between all speakers it sounds loud and clear. If listening critically and loud is the focus, I have the listener sit on the seat in front of the engines. (Pro-80's are right above their heads.)
And if listening while riding, the 4 pro-80's rock! Loud and clear! I may dabble with a low frequency boost, but only a small boost...
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-09-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
I have the Pro80s powerd by a Kicker 400.2 and they rock. They aren't too loud in the drivers seat and it really cuts down the sound if I have the bimini open. If you sit on the rear deck of the boat, it's way loud. As far as riding, they are very loud and clear at 80ft and beyond. When we pass by, pretty much everyone stops what they are doing an looks.