Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-18-2009, 10:03 PM Reply   
I have searched the forums and have found a little bit on these two boards compared but wanted a little more information. I used to ride an 08 Shane finless and love most everything except I thought it was a little slow. I loved how loose it was on the water. From what ive read the Lyman is extremely loose and the S4 is pretty locked in. Which has more pop, which is faster, and is the S4 that tight or is still pretty loose?

Also, I havent heard much about the Liquid Force Fly boards. Does anyone ride them and what do yall think?
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-18-2009, 10:20 PM Reply   
I haven't rode the S4 but I've seen it on the water and it's fairly loose, definitely not locked in. I ride the Lyman and from what i've seen I'd say the Lyman is slightly more of a loose feel than the S4. Lyman is an excellent board, I love it. Actually you couldn't go wrong with either pick.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-19-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
im a big fan on the lyman. its got pretty good pop but ive HEARD that the s4 has more. but ive also heard the lyman is faster and looser.

im very very happy with my lyman. awesome board
Old    benj_t            07-19-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
Dude the Lyman is the fastest board ive ridden and its nice and smooth and loose but when youre edging in its for sure locked in on edge.
Old     (hyperlite986)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-19-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
I ride the Lyman too. It's a sick board. It holds its line when on edge. Really fun and skatey, you can slide this thing all over the place or lock in and take off. It's a fairly forgiving board too.
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-19-2009, 9:14 PM Reply   
So the S4 is slower then the Lyman but has more pop? Does the Lyman have comparable pop to the Shane?
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-19-2009, 10:31 PM Reply   
I have the 07 shane and the 08 lyman and I feel like the lyman has more pop, I think it's easier to land in the flats on the lyman because of its speed, with the fins out the lyman is quite loose but still can track pretty hard once your on edge,
just my personal experiences