Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-29-2003, 6:04 PM Reply   
I drove out to San Vicente today and was told the lake is closed indefinitely until repairs are complete. They don't have power or phones right now, but the buildings both above and below the dam are intact. The entire area around the lake was burned but fortunately most of the houses were spared. I also got confirmation that Bruce lost 6 boats to the fire but his house is ok.

Here are some pics of the area:

San V after the fire

Road to San V
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-29-2003, 6:45 PM Reply   
Thanks for the update, Bill. Its going to be a long time until things get back to "normal." Hopefully Bruce has good insurance and I'm glad other than a few boat losses he came out alright.
Old     (gvb)      Join Date: May 2003       10-29-2003, 9:57 PM Reply   
Bill,

I called and listened to the recorded message for San V. They said they will re-open on Nov 6th for their winter schedule. No more Saturday/Sundays.

I talked to Bruce today as well. He said he lost 6 boats and 7 trailers.

-gvb

(Message edited by gvb on October 29, 2003)
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-29-2003, 10:13 PM Reply   
Boats and houses can be replaced, friends and family can't. Thank God for insurance. Any info an estimated property loss yet?
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-30-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   
Thanks for the update Bill. The lake is pretty glum looking with all of the black surrounding it.
Old    stormrider            10-30-2003, 4:19 PM Reply   
Wow. Strange how the lake, with the buoys still in place, just seems so oblivious to it all.