Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dustyrecs)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-25-2010, 1:21 AM Reply   
Hey All,

I'm looking at a few different boat models including the MasterCraft X2, X10, and X-Star (circa '04). I'll be using it mostly for boarding, but also want to take it to larger lakes like Lake Tahoe. I'm told that the X2 and X-Star have flat bottoms and may be unsafe or not handle as well in larger lakes.

Is this true? If I want something that's good for boarding but also some versatility on larger lakes, would I be better suited for the X10 V-shaped bottom?

Thanks for any info.

Chad
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-25-2010, 4:45 AM Reply   
XStar and X2 are both modified Vbottom boats. They are in no way flat on the bottom. Whoever told you they are flat bottoms doesnt know what they are talking about. Both boats handle larger lakes very well considering their overall length. Everyone who rides in my boat for the first time comments on how smooth the ride is even in choppy water. Actually the X10 probably has a flatter bottom than the Star or X2, not sure how it handles rough water, as I have never ridden in one during rough conditions.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-25-2010, 5:08 AM Reply   
Nothing flat about the bottoms of those boats. You probably heard from someone that was generalizing about towboats in general. While they are "flatter" (less dead-rise) than most boats out on the water, they have a lot more V than the ski boats of the '70s and '80s which is where a lot of the stereotypes about inboards came from.