Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-10-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
Last week I decided to buy some 05 LF alphas and would like to share my experience with the LF product. I am NOT bashing them, I love the fit and ride, but had problems finding a pair that was not defective!!!!!!! The dealer had just got their shipment of 05 alphas in the day I went, so I had aprox 15 pair to look at. All brand new still on the pallet. I tried on the right boot first and it was a killer fit, then even before putting on the left, we noticed that the toe opening part, (you know, that part of the binding the toes poke out of ) was HUGE!!! You could literally put youur whole fist in there with no probs. The right foot ones were big enough to slip your toes thru with a little wiggle room. HUGE diff. We laughed at the "tunnel" design and got another pair. Same thing, Then we just grabbed the left ones out of the whole shipment and started looking. Well, out of the 15 or so pair they got, only 2 pair had a normal size toe area on the left bindings.!!!!! Also, we found 2-3 pair of complete sets that had stitching flaws. When they were stitched, the thread did not catch the nylon sections and the nylon was falling off the binding. I went over the pair I put together with a fine tooth comb, stretching, pulling, bending and squishing making sure that there were no hidden problems. So if you are out buying bindings, expecialy LF, make sure you check them inside and out for any flaws. The dealer pretty much sending back his whole shipment to LF to have them replaced with non-defective product. LF have better quality control and check product closer before it leaves their door.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-10-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
I bought the 2004 watson handle, it tore on the 3rd time using it. I sure hope LF isnt decreasing there quality.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-10-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
Holy crap! Thank you Andrew. Good looking out. That sounds terrible. I'm surprised. LF was really looking good on their bindings this year.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-10-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
made in Thailand I think. My transit bindings are not of good quality also. Loose threads all over. But so comfortable, hopefully quality will improve in the near future. I am sure we will get new pairs before the warranty is up
Old    steve_chavez            08-10-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
i'v got 04 alphas and the stiching is crap, but the place i bought em from gives liftime warrenty so i'm not too worried bout it. (if your buying bindings look at the warenty that the shop issues, it cuts back on all the hassle of dealing with corporations like LF)