Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (texasbear08)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-31-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
I have been reading all the information here and trying to learn from all the pros on this site.

Now in planning for the stereo for my sante i was thinking that it would be smart to mount all the amps in a central location near the headunit... for rca signal strength, shorter wires, one place for tuning, one place for power and ground. I am working on a budget and to run short wires, epecially power and ground is more cost efficient. Then just run large speaker wire to the components that are on the other side of the boat.

I also was wondering if running RCA's thru the "passthru" feature on an amp to another amp is a good idea? Do you lose signal strength?

Thanks for all the help in advance!
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       01-31-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
Hello there. What equipment do you want to run? How many batts and amps? My install that Grant and Clay@Sound illusions here in California did for me is rather expensive. 6 amps and 9 Optima batteries with all Stinger accesories. Here is a link that you can get some ideas from.
http://svtsupercharged.com/gallery/Harold
Since Grant and Clay finished the install they re did the sub boxes. I will try to post pics of the updated boxes. I now am running (4) JL audio 12w7's. You can also email me with any questions. Haroldseven@comcast.net
Hope this helps!
Harold.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-31-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
Mount the amps close to the batteries not the HU. You won't lose any signal from the HU over to the amps thru the RCA's. B/c of the number of amps I have 3 amps running thru "passthru" for my highs and two amps thru the "passthru's" for my subs. I haven't had any issues thus far.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       01-31-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
here you go:
BOOM!
BOOOOM!
Old     (texasbear08)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-31-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
Before summer, i am going to have 3 Elemental Design amps total.

Polk cabin speakers - clarion 4 ch - upgrading to ED NINE.4

Deafcon 3 tower speakers - kicker 350.2 - upgrading soon maybe with an 808

Kicker 12l7 Sub in ported box behind drivers seat- ED NINE.1

I have 2 batteries currently with all of the stereo singled on one, but soon will upgrade to 4 bluetops.

I also want to add a NVS 808 with an ED amp maybe in addition to the deafcons becuase i dont have the budget for 2 808's and i already have the deafcons.

The passenger side gunnel and storage area is where i am mounting everything and that is also close to the battery i am hooking all the amps to... and i am going configure the other 2 batts in the cooler seat later so that will be even closer.

Harold,

I got most of my ideas from your boat... it is awesome! Unfortunatly dont have the same budget, but i am trying to plan out all my upgrades well and cost efficiently.

Thanks

(Message edited by texasbear08 on January 31, 2006)
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-31-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
Jon do you not have room for the L7 behind the kick panel on the driver's side?
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       01-31-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
If youre only going to be running one sub- I would suggest to run one sub in front of the drivers feet or below the passenger seat. I think that you will get a lot more output from it in an enclosed area. That box behind the drivers seat will probably be tricky to design, I have heard a few boxes behind the drivers seat in a big area like that and none that I have been very happy with. If you can only run (1) sub-then (1) W7 under the passenger seat I think you will be amazed at how good that will sound- I know I was when I was testing different subs and seeing what they will do. (1) W7 under the passenger seat sounds Very clean and provides great bass. On the other hand (4) Provides astounding bass, makes the girls dance, and brings life to the party. BOOM!
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-31-2006, 1:04 PM Reply   
Another eD lover! I have a nine.2 and 13Kv2 in my car...great stuff for the $$.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       01-31-2006, 1:16 PM Reply   
Please forgive my ignorance, WTF is eD??
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-31-2006, 1:22 PM Reply   
Elemental Designs
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       01-31-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
right on man. thanks.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-31-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
www.edesignaudio.com

They're not quite HCCA/W7 level, but they make a good solid product and they stand behind it. They also run a forum (www.icixsound.com) if you want to read some more.
Old     (texasbear08)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-31-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
I love JL W7's... i have one in my tahoe... but in a boat... ED is a better option for me! Solid sound, great price, great warranty!

Adam,

I am still a beginner when it comes to installation... and the drivers footwell is a pretty big project, moving all those wires, etc. I thought this is more sensible for my installation level.

Harold,

I am also going to put a sub in the passager compartment... but waiting on the budget.