Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (jmusser)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-14-2004, 2:20 PM Reply   
My Clarion M5675 unit from my 01 x-star decided that it does not like to play any of my cd's anymore. The M5675 is not manufactured anymore and I'm unable to locate one the web. Wanted to know what a good replacement unit would be which has has a remote that would fit in the same factory location.

Just a thought, does anyone who upgraded their factory stereo interested in selling their orignal unit. If so, shoot me a e-mail.

Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       07-14-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about your Clarion problems, thank god Mastercraft is replacing their Clarion stero fixation with JL Audio components next year (all except the head unit...still Clarion!)The Sony CDX-M8800 is a pretty nice MP3/CD head unit (http://sm.crutchfield.com/S-tFNRMlHFob8/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=45&c=3&g=62700&I=158M8800&o=p&a=0&c c=01&avf=N&search=) and you can find them new pretty reasonable on Ebay. If you're willing to wait, Alpine has a head unit coming out end of the summer that you're supposed to be able to control an Ipod from the unit and remote control. Sounds pretty sweet.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-14-2004, 2:40 PM Reply   
Sorry this is not going to help much but my 01' Star player is on its last leg also. Ive been think about looking at other Clarion models. Usually manufactures seem to carry over the same function and features to their newer models. I've been thinking about contacting Clarion to see what other of their models would work with the built in remote. Also did you try cleaning the lens with a cd cleaner ?
Old    kdunn99            07-20-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
I'm not sure of the exact remote but if it is a wired remote I believe any of the following will work:

M102RCW-RET by Clarion controls Units XMD1, XMD2, XMA1, XMA2, M5355, M5475, M5470, M3170, M5170, M5275.

Clarion now makes an LCD wired remote that I don't think is compatible with the above but it has only been out a couple of years.

I don't know that any of the following are still being made by Clarion but you can often find new/refurbished ones on ebay. The XMD1(CD) goes for about $125:

Old     (mcaddyman)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-20-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
you can buy a glove box from mastercraft for a 03
x2 and fit the the new claion decks & still use the old remote & add a back remote