Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-16-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
I have an 01 X-Star and one of the bungees outer lining just broke exposing the rubber bands. It seems one more of the rubber bands breaks every day. Anyone know where the best place to find a replacement is? I have a call into a Mastercraft dealer but I imagine the price may not be so reasonable.
Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-16-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
Just got a quote from Mastercraft. $45 for the bungee repair kit 4. Not sure if this is bungees for both sides or not. They are going to check and get back to me since the manufacturer is closed. Doesnt really sound too bad if its both bungees. I was expecting to pay $20 for one.
Old    ag4ever            06-16-2004, 3:42 PM Reply   
On my CC, I got the little plastic clips that hold the bungee doubled over from the dealer for less than three bucks a piece. I will go to the store and get some bungee cord to replace the bungee in the actual strap (West Marine sells bungee by the foot). I am doing this because I am making some custom mounts for my air chair, and plan to have them and a pair of stock Flight Clips powder coated red with red bungees.

I am sure the plastic clips and the bungees to do all the flights clips will run me less than $30.

You might even be able to reuse the plastic end caps if they are anything like CC uses. I know I could have reused some of mine, I jus bought all new pieces for the sake of having them if I needed them during reassembly. If you can reuse them, then all it would take is new cord which should be less than $10. On top of that you could just use SS hog rings (west marine sells them too) to fasten the ends of the bungee.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-16-2004, 3:57 PM Reply   
Go to Home Depot buy some bungees cut of the hooks, staple the end together. Cheap and easy.
Old    swpmwinc            06-16-2004, 4:07 PM Reply   
Michael send me a e-mail with your address and I will send you 10 feet of bungee that should be enough to do both racks gotta take care of the wakeworld brothers
Sean