Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    six            06-14-2004, 11:30 PM Reply   
Banged up my prop on a rock in Perris this weekend so I called a place by the name of "GOTTA HAVE IT". For 120. they will fix my 4 blade prop and polish it as well. saves me 300+
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-15-2004, 4:09 AM Reply   
Depends upon how bad it was dinged. If it was bad, then they will have to cut some diameter to get a strong enough repair.

Best suggestion, have a spare with a prop puller on the boat. It is pricey, but not if you factor in the cost of down-time.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-15-2004, 9:17 AM Reply   
Mark - http://www.boatpropellers.com/Index.html is where most of the local boat dealers send their repairs. They are in Santa Ana and go by the name of Hill propellers, and have been known for years in So. CA as the place to go for racing propellers. Try calling them for service, they can fix most Nibral and SS props, and are factory certified. I wouldn't trust a repair shop who doesn't have factory certification for a very precise milling job.
Old    ag4ever            06-15-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
I have had mine repaired at least two times, and it is just about as good as new. It does not look new, but who really cares, it is under the boat.

The first time a couple of the blades were bent over about 1/3 way into them. The second time only the tips were damaged, and a couple of small chunks were missing. Both times they were fixed great, so I am not affraid of a repaired prop.

They can also add metal where there is some missing, so you won't lose diameter.

I got mine fixed by beauman marine, here in houston. I know that does not help you in cali, but I am sure there are good shops there.
Old    cwb123            06-15-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
Don't be afraid of gettin it repaired
we bent our prop the very first time we drove our new boat
the repair made it look like new again (we paid 125 also)
we also ordered a new one though, so we got a spare with a kit: puller, spare parts, etc
we are definatlely happy to have this security in our boat now
also, ive heard of guys keeping goggles and a snorcal in their boat for immediate emergency switch out, somethin to think about
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-15-2004, 4:41 PM Reply   
Mark, take your prop to Bronson/Hill propellors in Santa Ana. Probably about the same price, they will balance it perfectly, and polish it. They can tell you if it's repairable (usually if the ding is less than 1/3rd of the blade).
Old    six            06-15-2004, 8:37 PM Reply   
Thanks and good lookin out my boating Brothers
Old     (chrissocal)      Join Date: Dec 2001       06-16-2004, 7:07 AM Reply   
Is it really possible to change the prop while you're in the water. I've changed mine out of the water before and had to use a 2x4 from the ground to prop to lock it when I was removing & tightening the nut. What technique do you guys use while in the water?

(Message edited by chrissocal on June 16, 2004)