Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (geoffIsring)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-16-2011, 8:54 PM Reply   
This Monday Nov 14, I was at OWC, Bob Soven was there shredding it up and I didn't really take notice of the board he was riding. After he was done riding about to head out I said hey what's up to him as I was walking by after a fall on the new Unit Henshaw rail (which is super sick). He was super nice and struck up a conversation with me about riding and what not. I said it should be your turn pretty soon for a pro-model, yeah? He then preceeded to show me his new pro-model board that is going to be a late release board for this year... Shock and awe followed. It was all wood, had the shape and thickness of a hybrid style board, but is going to be a board for all things. He said it's amazing on both the wake and cable. There may have already been a thread about this, but I thought it was worth sharing.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-17-2011, 7:41 AM Reply   
Sick! I can't wait to see it. Is it orange?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-17-2011, 8:32 PM Reply   
All wood ehh. may not be "hybrid flex board" in materials, but it will still be a hybrid in attitude it sounds.
more boards are finding that middle ground between flex and stiff, wake and rails, etc. kinda like rocker pasterns meeting in the middle.

here is a little bit older thread on it.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790421
Old     (geoffIsring)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-17-2011, 9:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
Sick! I can't wait to see it. Is it orange?
It was orange!! It was basically all wood with orange accents.

He didn't mention the binders, but they were grey with orange accents.

All i know.... Is after seeing this board in person... I want it!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-17-2011, 10:58 PM Reply   
Ya, the bindings are already out. Alliance was shooting the 2012 Gear Guide at McCormick's today, but I didn't see Bob's board there. I'm guessing even the alliance guys don't have their hands on it yet. Humanoid had some decks out there that were spray painted flat black and one of the testers told me it was because they didn't have their graphics finished
Old     (wakeup_otown)      Join Date: May 2011       11-18-2011, 7:44 AM Reply   
OMG is that Geoff Isringhausen? The ladies in Orlando were dropping panties left and right all weekend for that guy.
Old     (BlitzedVLX)      Join Date: Feb 2011       11-21-2011, 11:52 AM Reply   
This thread is worthless without pics.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       11-21-2011, 6:06 PM Reply   
Wasn't Bob seen it riding it in a couple vids yet? Not sure which ones, maybe the LF team shoot-video?
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-21-2011, 6:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
Wasn't Bob seen it riding it in a couple vids yet? Not sure which ones, maybe the LF team shoot-video?
Ya, it's in there.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            11-21-2011, 10:00 PM Reply   
Yeah there was another thread. The board is called the B.O.B and comes out in january. Heres a snap shot of the video from my iphone (sorry for quality)

Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-22-2011, 7:59 AM Reply   
top and bottom
Attached Images

Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-22-2011, 2:17 PM Reply   
A new GINGERBOARD just in time for the holidays Awesome to see Bob get a pro model. I have no doubt he'll be able to sell that baby in droves. Congrats Bob!
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       11-22-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
Found it really interesting his pro model boot is open toe. I thought he had been riding the soven bindings for a while. I know Ben Greenwood rides the transits, but not many pros these days ride open toed bindings. Maybe gonna have to try those bindings to see what made him choose open toe...
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-22-2011, 6:12 PM Reply   
I see Bob rocking the Shanes in a lot of videos. He's a definite proponent of open toe riding, but his B1 bindings are supposed to be the most supportive OT bindings ever made. The toe structure actually covers the tops of your toes so that you can push up on it when you're edgeing heelside, just like you would in CT binding. There's also a little toe strap that you can really crank down on.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       11-28-2011, 3:39 PM Reply   
Ben Greenwood has an open toe "pro model" LF has too many riders to give everyone a specific pro model boot, and because wakeboarding is progressing so slowly riders like shane and watson are STILL with us, so LF to sell em puts out a "pro model" open toe boot..
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-28-2011, 4:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahhh View Post
Ben Greenwood has an open toe "pro model" LF has too many riders to give everyone a specific pro model boot, and because wakeboarding is progressing so slowly riders like shane and watson are STILL with us, so LF to sell em puts out a "pro model" open toe boot..
Not sure what you're getting at here, but whatever it is, I have this gut feeling that you're wrong...
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       11-28-2011, 7:02 PM Reply   
He's correct though that Ben rides the Ultra's. Other than that, odd post.
Old     (Tommy)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-10-2011, 3:55 PM Reply   
This shows Jimmy Redmond's commitment to all his riders. Jimmy is a true inspiration to everyone especially guys like Bob that need a board that will match their style and take them even more often to the winners circle! Stoked to see this thread.
Tommy
www.gettommys.com
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-11-2011, 4:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahhh View Post
and because wakeboarding is progressing so slowly riders like shane and watson are STILL with us
Yeah, they're so over the hill and dont have amazing style. Post up a few videos of your own super progressive riding so you can become my new favorite rider.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-12-2011, 10:12 PM Reply   
so what does B.O.B. stand for anyway?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-13-2012, 12:29 PM Reply   
So Im reviving this thread bc it crossed my mind at Wake Games and seeing a few of his recent videos behind the G23.

Looks like he went back to the Watson classic just like hes been riding in the past. So much for his pro model BOB board coming out this yr.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-13-2012, 1:54 PM Reply   
Maybe they're waiting to unveil it on Wake Bros............
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-14-2012, 8:29 AM Reply   
is bob riding in the pro tour this year. last year ihe was tearing it up but havent seen him in the standings. anyone know what happened?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-14-2012, 8:42 AM Reply   
I saw him limping around a few weeks ago. He rode wake games and will be at brostock this week
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-14-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
Wasn't he riding the B.O.B. at Wake Games?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-14-2012, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
Wasn't he riding the B.O.B. at Wake Games?
Nope...thats the watson classic he was riding. 134

Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-14-2012, 9:30 AM Reply   
why not the protour?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-14-2012, 9:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
why not the protour?
Possibly due to the limp he picked up at Wake Games?
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       06-18-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
the most rcent appearance of the b.o.b. board..........the last rider is rockin it http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/dub...pre-bro-shred/
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-14-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
Thought I'd bring this back to life since it's up on the web now. Can't wait to get it!

The Liquid Force B.O.B. brings you the next generation in PRO Models. This new shape incorporates our new performance paradigm offering the rider a board encompassing an innovative core, construction process, and design features that make your board come alive. One ride on the B.O.B. and you’ll feel the difference. A thin profile CNC all wood core is the heart. Next it’s wrapped in our lightweight glass layup for the ultimate in responsive flex. Then we finish it with a one-of-a-kind see thru graphic to show the beauty that starts at the heart of this board. Also available in a Grind version, you can get your B.O.B. with our exclusive GRIND base and a softer flex pattern for pressing rails and maximum durability. If you’re like Bob Soven and you’ve been waiting for that next level wake charging ride, your wait is officially over!

Next-Gen LF Pro Model Construction
A performance Pro model with rebound, response, and life – Thinner profile, wood core, lively flex patern.
LF’s Next Gen brings life to your ride.
Progressive, FIVE Stage Rocker
A board with the speed an flow of a lower rocker thru the middle, that blends into two zones of increasing curve to give the rider that extra straight-up kick off the wake without the braking effect of a traditional abrupt 3-stage bottom curve.
LF Internal Liquid Rail
Elastomeric sidewall encloses the core of the board for increased durability and sidewall strength.
LF Exclusive GRIND Base available on B.O.B. Grind
The ultimate in durability from our sintered base material while maintaining the hull shape.
Single to Double Venturi Concave Hull Shape
Water speeds thru a wide center concave into compressing dual outboard concaves that accelerate flow giving this board extra boost off the wake. Edge channels running thru board center provides extra edging control.
Attached Images