Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-19-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=17934

"Mac OS X is like living in a farmhouse in the country with no locks, and Windows is living in a house with bars on the windows in the bad part of town."
Old     (kkong72)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-19-2010, 4:54 PM Reply   
Interesting stuff. All that may be true but his last statement sums up why mac's dont have problems like pc's.

"That's because if [the hacker] can hit 90% of the machines out there, that's all he's gonna do. It's not worth him nearly doubling his work just to get that last 10%."

No matter what ill never go back to a pc, i love my mac
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-19-2010, 9:33 PM Reply   
x2 Nick.

Until Apple gets more of the marketshare they wont have any problems.

It takes these hacks a while to write code. As long as PC's hold the bulk of of the market there is very little reason for them to put the effort into spyware or viruses for OS software.

IMO everyone should keep buying PC's.....that Apple stuff stinks.
Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-20-2010, 12:41 AM Reply   
is seems like at my school (U of A), everyone and their brother has a mac, if a hacker were to put out a virus around finals time a ton of people would be in deep doo doo, myself included haha
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-20-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
Just got my MacBook yesterday (ordered it from the Apple Store on Wed after my PC died after less than two years). Love it, I mean it sucks, like Jim said, everyone keep buying PCs. I mean, I am so bummed that I did not have to install Norton or McAfee on the Mac or that it didn't come preinstalled with a bunch of crap that I will never use.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-22-2010, 10:40 AM Reply   
Time will tell whether Miller's hacks require physical access to the machines or social engineering to get the hack started.

The market-share argument holds no water. Who really believes that there is no financial or ego based motivation to be the first with a real exploit?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-25-2010, 12:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
The market-share argument holds no water. Who really believes that there is no financial or ego based motivation to be the first with a real exploit?
Quote:
"The problem Microsoft has is they have a big market share, said Vreugdenhil, the hacker who attacked IE. "I use Opera, but that's basically because it has a tiny market share and as far as I know, nobody is really interested in creating a drive-by download for opera. The web at the moment is pretty scary, actually."
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03..._2010_day_one/