Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-22-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
I just got relocated to Fresno for work and I'm trying to get info. on the lakes and who rides out here. I know there are a few spots, but does anyone have more information they could give me? It would be much appreciated, I'm coming from San Luis Obispo where we rode Naci all the time and I'm really missing getting out on the water. Thanks.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-22-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
I don't think there is much of a scene there, and I don't know that you would be invited on the boat.
Kevin I heard that you were one of the instigaters of that CCAW club. Good luck finding some riding!
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-22-2008, 8:32 PM Reply   
Thank you Mister Couch for that lovely cameo, see you in a month for the bachelor party. Leave Shelby at home.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-22-2008, 10:27 PM Reply   
Bachelor Party...???
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-22-2008, 10:30 PM Reply   
there's a lake out there, but it's been deemed classified as it's a pretty cool place to ride. hit this guy up. he'll show you where to go. but if you reveal the location, he'll kill you...he has many guns!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-23-2008, 7:51 AM Reply   
Sounds like your kind of people Kev. Also look ups the Carroll's, they're nice folks. Plus Tony C. absolutely shreds.

Tank, Ryan is getting hitched.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-23-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
Oh yeah. I knew that.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-23-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
Pine flat and Millerton lake are the two main riding spots. There are other riding spots but like joe said hit up the carrolls. If you wana ride go to the back water at pine flat (pretty good water most of the time) and stay away from millerton on the weekends. It turns into the ocean.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-23-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
What no scene? Thanks Jarod. Kevin shot me an E mail and we will see if we can get you on the water. (Private Lake). Also I can point you to some of the better spots that I wont talk about on here.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-23-2008, 2:27 PM Reply   
Ben,
Could you also send some of that info my way by PM since I am looking at transfering back to NAS Lemoore next year? I am from Sac so I do have spots up that way that we hit up. Thanks
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-23-2008, 9:47 PM Reply   
Ahh Ben, you know I was just kiddin'! Had to give old Kev a hard time!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-23-2008, 10:32 PM Reply   
Please forgive the hijack*****

Jared...Tank and I missed you at camp...awesome time.

End Hijack...(thanks)
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-23-2008, 10:57 PM Reply   
Oh Jared, always the jokester. Tank, I need to take you up on that offer you threw out at Graduwaketion about hitting up Canyon. I'm coming down to Orange County this weekend but I'm tied up at my cousin's wedding. Maybe another time. Ben, thanks for the offer, I sent you an e-mail. Heavy I was trying to make people think Rod was the one getting married and it almost worked, then you busted me. I'll get you. Havasu? I think Jim needs a good weekend out there pretty soon...
Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-24-2008, 6:43 AM Reply   
As I do not live in California and will never hit this lake up again ...

There is a lake called .....

wait I don't want ruin it for the rest of them.
Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-28-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
kevin, looks like i might have to leave slo area for fresno for work as well. i also heard of some other besides pine flat and millerton. the only peace of mind i keep is that fresno is only a 2hrs from paso and another 30 to the cabin. but don't know if i'll be taking my boat or boarding--having cartilage replacement/transplant in my knee. just hoping i'll be ok for beginning of next summer