Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-18-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
We just got a 2004 Nissan Armada and are loving it. We took the boat out (2007 Mobius LSV) and the Armada pulled like it wasn't even there.

I do have one concern/question. How much should the back end drop before worrying about it? I measured it with and without the boat attached and it only drops an inch. but, when standing back looking at it, it looks significantly lower in the back than in the front. Am I worrying about nothing?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-18-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Measure the front to see if it went up when the back went down.
A one inch drop does not affect the attitude of your Nissan enough to worry about. If the change is large it affects the steering and can create dangerous driving conditions but one inch is no problem
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-18-2007, 1:04 PM Reply   
Thanks Art. As I was typing, was wondering it the front end is rising more than the back end is dropping. I'll check that out next time I pull the boat out.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-18-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
I also have an 04 Armada and it pulls my 23 ft v drive no problem even we the boat and SUV is fully loaded up. Make sure you have a 2.25" drop hitch or less though. I orginally had a 3.5" drop hitch and I actually lost the trailer driving through an intersection and a second time over a railroad track. Since I changed to the 2.25 drop I have had no problem. It mostly was caused because of my boat and most of the weight being on the rear of the boat.

Also, I think all armada's have a automated suspension level system on them. You might want to make sure it is working right.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-18-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
I have an 06 and i don't even notice any change when it's hooked up. They do have the auto level system, but it might be with the optional tow package, not sure on that one.

Absolutely great SUVs, but I must say the Infinity counterpart is fugly!
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-18-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
Doing some reading on my 2004 and it has the towing package, which Nissan says includes the auto-leveling. Is the auto-leveling really "auto"? The navigation system has more options than any car I've ever seen, so I'm wondering if there is an Auto Leveling Off...?
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-19-2007, 10:50 PM Reply   
I don't know about this "auto" leveling you are referring to. As you know Bill, I have the Titan. Same drivetrain and I have the tow package and I don't have an auto leveling feature. Now there is the feature that senses weight in the back and it redistributes the braking power. Could that be what is being referred to here? Again, I haven't heard anything about an auto leveling feature stock on the Armadas or the Titans. I do alot of research on the Titan so I'm not 100% versed in the Armada.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-20-2007, 5:38 AM Reply   
Some Armada's are equipped with a self-leveling rear suspension. I think it came with the factory tow package, but I'm not sure. I know mine has it. You are right though, I don't think it's available on the Titan....afaik, you have a different rear suspension.

Congrats on the purchase o2b, I just picked up our 2004 Armada SE 4x4 a week ago. Loving it as well. Check out clubarmada.com, there is lots of good info on these trucks over there.
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-20-2007, 6:21 AM Reply   
I have had both the Titan and the Armada. There is no option on the Titan for the auto-leveling suspension. The Armada has it with the tow package. It should just be automatic, I haven't ever seen any options to disable it or turn it off. It takes a minute or two after the load is applied for the compressor to kick on, then I can't a difference in the vehicle's rear height. I am not sure what the tongue weight is on my boat ('06 bu247) but it is not light. I can't lift it at all without the jack. If your Armada isn't leveling, take it in to get checked. Probably still under warranty.
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-20-2007, 6:22 AM Reply   
Oh, and I agree, the Infinity is pretty ugly, especially the head lamps.
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-20-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the insight. I'll definitely check out clubarmada.com. One more web site to fill my work days