Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       07-26-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   

Man, when are people going to learn to hold their cell phones side ways when filming, geez.

I hope that dude is OK, but damn that was reckless.
Old     (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-26-2013, 8:48 AM Reply   
I just died laughing. Who honestly thought that was a good idea??? The narrator....... hahahahahahaha
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-26-2013, 8:51 AM Reply   
hahaha wow! that didn't go as planned.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-26-2013, 9:49 AM Reply   
Could have gone way worse, but kudos for trying and posing the fail online
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-26-2013, 9:54 AM Reply   
Was that voice he was doing supposed to be an imitation of the mooninites from ATHF?
Old     (mpfiste2)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-26-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
I think the narrator may have a future in broadcasting. I think he successfully double high five'd the boat, does that count?
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-26-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
I guess this is what people without wake towers do for fun hahahaha
Really though I hope that dude is AOK
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-26-2013, 12:48 PM Reply   
He did not expect boat driver to cut over at him quite so much...boat drivers fault...it's always the drivers fault
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-26-2013, 1:53 PM Reply   
That was awesome haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
Was that voice he was doing supposed to be an imitation of the mooninites from ATHF?
He was imitating the main character, Gru, off Despicable Me. My kids love that movie
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-26-2013, 6:18 PM Reply   
I just can't figure out the minds of people who think stupid stuff like this is a good idea. He could have gone under the boat and died.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-26-2013, 9:24 PM Reply   
hahahaha. good laugh
Old     (V8_Killer)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-26-2013, 9:32 PM Reply   
Its all because Murray did it in Defy. Now everyone thinks they can do it.

I asked Murray at PWT 2012 in Dallas last year if he had any tips for pulling it off and his exact words were "Don't try it. Ever."

We tried it and got it on the 2nd try. Haven't tried it since, I'm logging it as beginner's luck and walking away while I still can. We did it on a regular wakeboard, its more driver than rider, but they did it completely wrong. You swing the wakeboarder out, then he pulls in hard as you drive towards him for a second as you start to back off the throttle some, then cut hard away from him to swing the rear around and finish throttling to zero.

I'm really glad they posted their fail online though!

Dusty
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-27-2013, 6:13 PM Reply   
That was nuts
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       07-27-2013, 6:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanb View Post
That was awesome haha

He was imitating the main character, Gru, off Despicable Me. My kids love that movie
haha, I caught that too. Thats actually a kickass show!!! This video was awesome!!! I laugh everytime I watch it!
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       07-27-2013, 6:40 PM Reply   
They should go double or nothing on a wakeboard this time!
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-28-2013, 7:56 AM Reply   
how does that happen.Driver not paying attention. It"s the DRIVERS responsibility to veer away if needed and if he was paying close attention ........It only takes s 2- 3 seconds of distraction to create that scenario and similar ones.Driving a boat with someone in the water nearby ie wakeboarding surfing etc...is a HUGE responsibility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-28-2013, 9:23 AM Reply   
The driver clearly didn't judge the skim boarders trajectory... Is this dangerous, hell yea, but the speeds they tried it at were wayyyy to fast. Bunch of dumbazzzes. The skim board was also not in control, look how he is rotating, he is an uncontrolled projectile and the boat driver seemed inexperienced to be able to judge and approach a move like this...
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-29-2013, 9:04 AM Reply   
clueless boaters - standard.