Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-13-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
Hey guys, i need help on my tantrums. I cut out wide, i edge really hard into the wake, i flatten off, but when i throw the tantrum i twist my arm like a whirlybird or something, i never go straight back off the wake, its always off axis, and i land on my butt. Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Old     (bawllaoutacontrol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-13-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
make sure you ride all the way up the wake and take the trick up before you flip
Old     (josh_cole)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-14-2009, 7:40 AM Reply   
Colby, I had a the same problem.

you twist your arms and your body and you do a half a whirly because you throw your body to initiate the flip. Come into the wake with a wider cut than your wake jump and get a little more speed in, but when you flatten off here is where the key is, get your weight all of the way over your toes, try to make your shoulders almost leaning forward when you ride up the wake.

imagine trying to do a backflip on the ground, you would put your chest over your toes so you could push up, you couldn't do a backflip on the ground if your chest is leaning back already.

So just keep your chest over your toes and then push straight up when you ride up the wake, do NOT throw with your body.
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-14-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
Thanks josh, it actually makes sense now, ya i really never straightened up to the boat, which im sure is where i screw up, thanks alot for the info, so the wake really does the whole movement for you?
Old     (josh_cole)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-16-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
yeah, in every invert, you just use the wake. it's all in the edge and taking things straight up. for a tantrum, get some speed in and just make your shoulders parallel with the wake, get chest over your toes and just act like you are doing a backflip on the ground.
if there is anything else you need to know, just email me at wakerider91@ymail.com and i'll get back to you as soon as i can.
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-21-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
thanks man i appreciate it
Old     (lakeislife)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-02-2009, 6:01 PM Reply   
it sounds like your problem is trying to throw your rotation with your arm and handle. when you you're popping make sure that your line is in at your hip. after you pop, look back and look for your adjacent wake and pull your knees in like you're trying to knee yourself in the chest. This is where you get your rotation instead of from your shoulder and arm.

Hope I could help! \../(>.<)\../
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-04-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
thanks trey it should help
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-23-2009, 8:48 AM Reply   
ride up the wake and let the wake throw you backwards. And when you feel the rotation start then put the handle at your hip and spot your landing and you should land it everytime.