Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-02-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
i was wondering wich would be the right distance that i need between my wrap handle and the long one when wrapping, i mean, when i wrap now i end with all my strenght in one or the other, not on both, is that right? do i need to shorten the distance a little? what would be the right feeling of being grabbed in the two handles?
Old    blind5            06-03-2004, 9:43 AM Reply   
the point of a wrap handle is so that you can take all of the stress off of you wraped arm, so you want to have most of your strength on the arm that is holding the little wrap handle.
try it out of the water and see what would be the right distence for you. if you don't fell comfortable in the wrapped position you may need to change your length.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-03-2004, 8:03 PM Reply   
Thanks for the answer, I end with one hand behind my back with the long handle and the other arm fully extended with the small one, is that ok?
Old    blind5            06-03-2004, 9:25 PM Reply   
you really want your hand with the little handle to be bent at about a 45 degree. just like you would normally come into the wake. just play around with it, i don't even use wraps cause i never could get the hang of it, i do see people using wrap in this same way.