Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-02-2004, 3:56 PM Reply   
Anyone hear whats up for this year? We usually party like rockstars on the houseboat at tower park then over the dirty hamptons of the delta.. lost isle.....
Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-05-2004, 10:33 PM Reply   
And I can attest to what Tommer said and his partying antics...it was not a pretty sight!

How the heck are you doing Tommer? Life good your way?
Old    jetgofish            08-05-2004, 10:39 PM Reply   
From what I hear Boardstock is to be held this month, earlier than what it's been in the past...as for dates ... I can't help you there! I know this, with what happened last year at TP and what happened to me personally there I won't be going back!
Old    jetgofish            08-05-2004, 10:47 PM Reply   
August 28 & 29
Stockton CA

PRO / AM Wakeboarding
World Wake Surfing Championships
Professional Freestyle Motocross
Radio Live Music Venue
Centurion has signed on as the official towboat of BoardStock. As the key sponsor of the World Wake Surfing Championships they are bringing these two events together. We believe this is a great addition, as the sport of Wake Surfing is exploding all over the world.

Fox Sports Net TV is scheduled to air all elements of our two day life style festival on September 26th, 2004. Last year’s show was great. This year will be even better. The TV exposure for the event, sponsors, athletes and our sports is awesome!

N.I.C.E. Live music venue, searching the country to bring us the finest music talent.

http://www.boardstock.com/
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-07-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
Hey Teri, Gary's wife here.... (Sanger V215) We're takin' the boat and have a VIP pass, so we'll be in the pits. If we have room, you can certainly join us. Maybe then you can meet Danny's girlfriend.
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-07-2004, 7:38 PM Reply   
BoardStock went up on there ticket prices this year. It seemed to have less people and booths there every year. Lets just hope this year it will be bigger
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-09-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
Boardstock is totally geared towards wakesurfing this year. Event is on August 28th-29th - same spot as last year. Boardstock event continues towards being more of an event where the manufacturers push what they want and less about what WE want to see........ What happened to the awesome event we used to have on Lake Shasta?
Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
wakesurfering is about the gayest thing you can do. Go find a huge channel on the delta, where all the monster boats cruise past, and wakesurf out there. all you punks wakesurfing in the good calm channels is horrible. Better yet, drive over to this thing called the ocean, and try surfing.
Old    chavezychavez            08-09-2004, 10:06 AM Reply   
Tommer, that has to be the worst post ever.

Not unlike tubing, if you don't like it, too bad.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-09-2004, 10:23 AM Reply   
Wakesurfing punk..... ouch! Thats kind of harsh, but I am sure you did not mean it that way : ) probably just a typo!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-09-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
Thats kind of ignorant actually.

Poon, you're way too nice.

Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-09-2004, 12:02 PM Reply   
ignorance is bliss.... i've heard
Old    deltahoosier            08-09-2004, 12:11 PM Reply   
I blame Arun....He was the first person I had ever seen wakesurfing in the Delta, haha...Nothing like having a wakesurfing punk that can kick crap out of about anyone around here at wakeboarding too. I think you cornered the market Arun.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-09-2004, 12:21 PM Reply   
hey, did you guys check out the list of riders they claim to of had for for 2003? I was there. That's how I know Chad, Phillip, and Danny Harf were not there. Seems kind of weird. Every year the list gets smaller. I know Phillip Soven rode in 2002, but I don't remeber Harf or Sharpe being there that year either. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-09-2004, 7:13 PM Reply   
Tower Park prices for that weekend are crazy! The lady today told me three nite minimum cuz it's a "Big" event weekend...the total for three nites with a boat slip was $268! Ain't gonna happen for me. I'd rather put that much coin towards new equipment!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-09-2004, 9:10 PM Reply   
tower park sucks... has nothing to do with boardstock... Bunch of punks, that grab any girl as they walk by... security everywhere, they need it, there was stabbings last year... doesnt represent the wakeboarding community at all
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-10-2004, 7:07 AM Reply   
Jrod - you are 100% right, the list of riders has gone bad to worse every year... The event has gone totally "corporate" as people would say with more vendors every year and less riding...

=(

Lzy
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-10-2004, 7:22 AM Reply   
They are also charging for VIP parking. I'm curious what is considered VIP parking?? Hopefully they're not referring to the lots across the street. That would be it for me.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-10-2004, 7:39 AM Reply   
VIP parking is a fenced off area right beside the event. Basically a big open lot. I used it last year because finding parking down there is a pain. I think it was $10 last year. Well worth it to me to not have to find a spot and walk hella far.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-10-2004, 8:37 AM Reply   
got it, thanks d.
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2004, 10:11 AM Reply   
Kinda lost the "love" that Boardstock used to be all about. More of a party, and the event is sold to the highest bidder of products. I haven't EVER wakesurfed... might be cool, but I don't want to see it at BOARDstock. Wakeboarding is where we came from, and THATS what we want to see. Maybe a wakesurfing demo, but keep it all about what we're all about- wakeboarding.

Tower Park- joke! If you wanna party, then it's a perfecct place. But when I used to go to Boardstock at Shasta, it was all about RIDING! I think i'm gonna skip Boardstock this year- which really sux-
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-10-2004, 10:42 AM Reply   
I wonder why Centurion ended up with the event this year also. Malibu Boats was probably the only thing keeping Shapiro coming. I bet he won't be around this year either.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-10-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
whats wrong with a centurion
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-10-2004, 1:23 PM Reply   
easy buddy! nothing is wrong with Centurion. Just wondering why it suddenly changed. It's always been Malibu in the past. Just curious why they switched boats.
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
SOLD!!!! to the highest bidder....
thats why.............
Malibu didn't pay the extortion fee probably
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-10-2004, 4:11 PM Reply   
Ok, we have a VIP pass for our boat, where the heck do we launch???? No one wants to give up any 411 overthere @ Bordstock.com, those little suckers.... I was told off March Lane under the I5 underpass??? Any ideas???
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-10-2004, 4:14 PM Reply   
Stacy-

Are you aware that EVERYONE in your boat will need an event ticket as well as your boat VIP pass???

Old    jetgofish            08-10-2004, 4:15 PM Reply   
Stacy,

I say we just launch from Orwood and drive up, really it's not that far! I can give you some navigational tips!
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-10-2004, 4:34 PM Reply   
We did the boat VIP pass thing last year and the downside for us was that you couldn't get to shore to walk around the event. Plus, the wake from the event boat made it hard to keep the spectator boats from hitting each other. Take lots of bumbers. Just my .$02. We did have a lot of fun.

Where is everyone staying? Will there be hoards of BoardStock campers at Tower Park?
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-10-2004, 4:39 PM Reply   
lzyboy - I was told "no" on passes, unless you wanted to get into the event.

Teri - Good idea, that was my thought, but you know He's got other ideas!!!!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-10-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
this year i'm gonna see about going by boat... and skip tower park all together
Old    jayreese            08-10-2004, 7:12 PM Reply   
Stacy you can try Paradise Point, Ladds, B&W, Tower Park, Pirates Lair all within a half hour of the port and all easy to get to.
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-10-2004, 8:03 PM Reply   
FYI: From their web site:

"Parking Passes do not include admission; you must also purchase an Event Ticket. "

Everyone on the boat need a ticket as well. Once in the course, they do not control who goes on shore from the boats. The boat, houseboat, and VIP parking are just adders, not admission. Also keep in mind that the Boardstock folk are from Washington State, not from the area and probably don't know the area as well as a bunch of us on this site.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-10-2004, 10:20 PM Reply   
Yo, Callen. Come ride with us this weekend.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-10-2004, 10:29 PM Reply   
im goin out tomorow. goin down south this weekend. possibly sunday though. ive been ridin my board finless these days. BTW got ur email bout the houseboat. ill come by or well meet up this weekend and we can take care of that.
Old     (sbboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-10-2004, 11:07 PM Reply   
Last year when we were on the water, we needed a boat pass and everyone on the boat needed a pass ($20) We hungout until they made us leave. We floated further away, and could still the event just not as well. It was not worth all that money.
Old     (wakewilly)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-10-2004, 11:28 PM Reply   
Move Boardstock back to Shasta or lake trinity or one of those up in northern california. (white trash won't drive that far) I've been waiting patiently for the event to be moved and it still hasn't happened. It just keeps on getting worse and worse. HOPEFULLY, someday, it'll be the way it use to be when it was at shasta. I'll keep on waiting I guess.

Chris
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-10-2004, 11:57 PM Reply   
yeah chris...waiting's all we can do at this point. i've been waiting for 3 years now. the problem is, so many people that don't even know what wakeboarding's about attend the event. the promoters and such see nothing but dollar signs. so, they'll keep havin' it.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-11-2004, 12:16 AM Reply   
Last year I was watching the riding while sitting on the edge of the wall...

Suddenly I notice a ribbed condom floating through the water a few yards from where the riders were headed.

Classic Stockton Boardstock.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-11-2004, 6:57 AM Reply   
Dane, I was there and saw the same thing. This kid was swimming right next to it at one point.

Nasta!
Old     (above_the_levee)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
Chris,
As far as the white trash comment, c'mon dude, Redding ??? Hello, yeah they won't come that far beacuse they are already there !!! Atleast Stockton has some reputable citizens. Anywhere you go, you are going to see the Nascar effect. Why don't all of you gripers put your own event on and show the losers at boardstock whats really going on.
I was working the rig for Spy Optics a couple years back and never harrassed more to see a pass than by the promoter, that lanky blonde guy. I would drop some time and money to put on a first class event. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOU MOUTH IS, LET'S DO IT !
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-11-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
Guys, check this out. Now we have to pay to park at Boardstock! That's it for me.

"Jarrod,

The parking lots across the street from BoardStock belong to the City and/or private parties. We have been told by the City they will NOT be available for use during our event. They said cars parking there could be towed. So it sounds like the free parking is at least a few blocks away. The VIP parking we have is actually attached to the grounds of our event.

Thanks,

BoardStock"