Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    chrisn            07-01-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
I'm getting my new tower and now I need to buy some board racks. I'm torn between the following:

Skylon Batracks:
Advantage: fixed position, easy removal for cleaning, no mounting hardware to clean on the tower
Disadvantages: only one set of bungee tie-downs

Wakeside Battlerack:
Advantage: fixed position, easy removal for cleaning, sick look
Disadvantages: only one set of bungee tie-downs, mounting hardware to clean on the tower, higher price
Unknown: crome plated billet? good or bad, they use it on trucks, so it may be good

Fluid Concepts Pitchfork
Advantages: fixed position, two sets of bungees, corners and edges have good detail for better finished look.
Disadvantages: uses clamp to mount, not easily removable

NVert Sports Clamp
Advantages: looks cool, easy to use/strap/clamp/whatever
Disadvantages: mechanical parts always break
Unknown: are they adjustable (angle)? do the come off easy, do they make a skylon mounting bracket?

Any thoughts.

(Message edited by chrisn on July 01, 2003)
Old    damnation            07-01-2003, 10:13 AM Reply   
I love the Batracks! Whatever you do, get a set that has a fixed position. The batracks NEVER move!
Old    wakeside            07-01-2003, 10:24 AM Reply   
There are a few things to keep in mind with the bungees. One bungee is strong enough to hold both boards snugly in the rack with absolutely no movement. With a single bungee, you can tie the boards down with only one hand, where as it often takes two hands with the double bungee designs.

One of the nicest things about chrome is how easily it cleans. With just a rag, all the bug splats and fingerprints wipe right off. Also, in two years, they will look just as good as they do right now, unlike polished aluminum which tarnishes over time.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-01-2003, 12:31 PM Reply   
You can polish your aluminum with Mothers Aluminum Mag Wheel Polish. Available at auto parts stores everywhere. It works fast and lasts a long time.
Old     (woundedknee)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-01-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
if i had a boat and a tower and was lookin for racks i'd go with the nverts.

but i don't.
Old     (got_river)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-01-2003, 2:10 PM Reply   
I am partial to the Fluid Concepts racks. Are you looking at the Type 1's or the Type 2's? Type 2's allow for a variety of mounting angles.
If you remember, post what you decide to get.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-01-2003, 2:21 PM Reply   

..Go with the Battleracks from Wakeside.

www.wakeon.com
Old    cws_kahuna            07-01-2003, 2:23 PM Reply   
I think the Fluid Concepts Racks are great. I have the type 1's. They never move or rattle and they are very strong.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-01-2003, 2:38 PM Reply   
If you like the looks of this rack, then email bsktz5@aol.com
His prices are simply insane compared to paying retail. I own many sets of his racks and they are by far the most sturdy I have seen. Holds the boards secure and the rack is solid and does not slip on the tower one bit. Tell him andy zarlengo refered you.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-01-2003, 2:39 PM Reply   
http://skyjac.com/wakeboard_racks.htm
are very tough and never slip. not easily removed, but also have an anti-theft kit available. email me if interested.
Old     (yeaitsmemarc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-01-2003, 3:47 PM Reply   
Check out www.mako-ind.com GREAT RACKS.. Quick release, fixed position, and SOLID!

Mako takes great care of their customers too!
Old    chrisn            07-01-2003, 4:58 PM Reply   
how sturdy are the Battle Rack/Titan quick releases?
Old    wakeside            07-02-2003, 12:19 PM Reply   
It works like a snow ski binding / step-in snowboard binding. Once it's snapped in, it is completely rigid.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-02-2003, 1:39 PM Reply   
Andrew Z is right I have these and they are awesome. The price cant be beat and you wont be sorry.

Rick
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-02-2003, 2:23 PM Reply   
here are some more bad ass racks!

http://www.loudliquid.com/board.html
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-02-2003, 9:52 PM Reply   
Listen to Rick and Me. These racks are over 1/2 the cost of others and are twice as sturdy. Super easy to mount, and will never give you a problem.