Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-25-2005, 2:04 PM Reply   
anyone had any experience with chromakeying?
we just bought a green screen for and giggles and i just started playing with it. i know the lighting has to be almost perfect to get a good key.

does anyone have any pointers?

i know there are alot of good programs(serious magic ultra 2) out there designed just for keying. i dont plan to get too serious with it because i think it is pretty cheesy.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-25-2005, 7:21 PM Reply   
Uhhhh . . . . call George Lucas?

There is an endless debate on the pro video forums about whether one can pull a good key using the DV format but other then that I've only played around some with garbage mattes, (and it's a lot of work to do something even remotely simple.)

I think Ultimatte has some of the best (and most expensive) software.
Old                07-25-2005, 9:25 PM Reply   
i tried serious magic ultra... it didnt work for me at all (maybe my green screen wasnt perfect?). so i just use after effects for keying. if you got some flourescents, those really light the screen evenly... then throw another one on the talent thats really soft so the shadows dont go crazy. its going to seem like really flat lighting since you are probably working in a small space i assume and you cant place your subject like 10ft or more from the screen. really, just watch your shadows and play around with lighting it.

my green screen is ghetto and small (8ft tall 4 ot 5ft wide). the hardest thing i have with that is the green bounces off and people end up with a green back light... to eliminate this, pull the people further away from the screen (i have no room so i cant do it). If you can pull them away from the screen you can light everything evenly and it will rock.

Good luck, if you got any problems with keying let me know, i might know a trick or two.