Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    gatorsactions            07-28-2004, 5:33 AM Reply   
I'm hoping someone can help me here. I recently got a price for an 05 xstar with the following specs:

MCX engine
Solid Blue (except the most of the deck)
Tandem trailer
Tower Speakers
Tower Lights
Heater
Perfect Pass
Depth Finder
Tower Mirror
Fiberglass Platform
Bimini Top
Boat Cover

The price I was given was 69,500. I feel like I should be able to get a better deal. Anyone have any thoughts on this. What should I expect to pay?

Thanks
Old    ilovetrains            07-28-2004, 10:25 AM Reply   
that seams kinda high. I stopped pricing x-stars because I could not get one closer to 50, but that still seams kinda high. The last I looked at was similar equip and was about 60K out the door.
Old    tutman            07-28-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
Boattrader goes from $68K to $88K for 2004's, so depending what they have it doesn't seem ridiculous for ASKING cost.
Old    wiscorider            07-29-2004, 8:01 AM Reply   
hey iovetrains where did u get that priced at. THats a good price. We are very interested in getting an x-star.
Old    ilovetrains            07-29-2004, 8:23 AM Reply   
dealer is Xtreme Marine in Oak Grove, MO (outside KC). Talk to Bob, he is a really good guy. Problem is that MC is like everyone else, they do not allow dealers to sell out of their region. Your profile does not say where you are, but guessing Wisconsin.

Price is pretty subjective. I looked at an X-30 at a dealer in KS (I am right in between the two) and he wanted more for a used 03 than Bob would sell me a new 04, same equipment. Unfortunately the X-30 turned out to not be the boat I wanted, but still think they are pretty good dealer. No crap, just good price up front.
Old     (freakytikki)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-29-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
Just a note.I didnt want to pay for a depth gage.I was going to buy a fishfinder/gps.But the boat came with it..so dont pay for stuff that conmes stock.
Old     (ryan44)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-30-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
I just bought an 04 xstar well equiped with reverse hull package for 63k out the door. I got it from midwest mastercraft in Minneapolis. Tower speakers, driver side remote/transem remote, sub, two clarion amps, jumpseat, fiberglas platform, depth gauge. I talked him down 1300 bucks and had him through in a new parks board DNA. He got this boat from another dealer and didn't have to pay factory shipping costs. Price before tax and title was 59k flat.
If you got into an 04 xstar that was a base model you should be able to get it out the door around 60 to 62k.
Old    ilovetrains            07-30-2004, 11:16 AM Reply   
'out the door' means something different to some people. I was pricing out the door for the boat, you gotta take tax and title up with the state (varies by where you live/will be putting the boat and any trade etc.)

Hope that clears up price info. the 04 in above post has more stuff, so for 59K I think he did really well. Fibergalss platform is like 600 bucks itslef, stuff adds up really fast on these boats. Biggest difference is engine. the 8.1 is like 6-8K more.