Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (mrward77)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-01-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
any riders out here in the 505? i just moved from dfw (texas) to abq and i sure miss the 5 lakes within 30 minutes and the local scene. hit me up if anyone wants to ride...or if you know any good spots to drop my boat in.
thanks
wes
Old    low_key_wake            03-01-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
I cant rember seeing much. Good luck. I want to try out navjo res.
Old     (mrward77)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-02-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
yea that looks nice. I will probably hit santa rosa and the butte the most since they are closest...kinda sucks having to drive 2 hours just get in the water.
Old    durangopprboy            03-09-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Navajo is so cool, but I am partial, Outside of the Marina's and campground areas it seems like it is never crowded. You can find a cove and have it to yourself or share it with one or two other boats. You can shore camp anywhere on the lake. I haven't been to the Butte yet and I might head down there this year. I just have a hard time justifying the travel time when Navajo is 30 minutes away.
Old     (wake_up_11)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-10-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
There is a good wakeboard scene down at the Butte. We have a wakeboard and wakesurf competition down here each summer. There are some really good riders here in the summer from time to time and a lot of top notch boats. There is a Malibu boat dealer and Hyperlite board shop as well. Elephant Butte is definitely the lake in NM that has a "wakeboard scene" you have some guys that ride there that have been riding for 10+ years now.

Other NM wakeboarding

Conchas Lake- narrow with high cliffs that keep in protected. You can always find good water.

Pecos River in Carlsbad - You have a 2-3 mile stretch that you can wakeboard on. Great in spring because it is so shallow it warms up really fast (water is in the 70's by April). By Summer you have to be done wakeboarding by 10:00 am because of all the jet skiers. In the spring you might have it all to yourself. My favorite spring riding spot.

Ute Lake - Good in the week terrible on weekends

Fort Sumner Lake - Another good spring spot (few boats and the water warms up fast) In the spring you might have the whole lake to yourself.

Cochiti Lake - I have some friends that are really good wakeboarders that ride their now. I haven't been there yet.